Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to find cardboard boxes for moving

Options
  • 14-05-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

i'm looking for cardboard boxes because i'm moving, but prefer not to have to pay for them! don't need many.
    looked in the wilton tesco, but they dont have any...
    any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Lidl ?

Hard to find big one's though

Theres a place next to dunnes at the bandon road roundabout that sell boxes. They don't cost much.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Argos sell moving kits also.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

If you go into any Supermarket you could ask them to put away a few big boxes for you during the day. i worked in dunnes back in the day and we used to get asked all the time....just call in the morning...they should sort you out no prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Ask your local pub/off-licence. They'll probably be very happy to set aside boxes for you next delivery day as it saves them storage space waiting for recycling day and - well, it's nice to be nice! Also the boxes they'll have tend to be fine and strong to protect their beautiful bounty of beer/spirits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i work in dunnes in douglas, we have big enough banana boxes, they have square holes at the bottom but put a book on the bottom and their perfect, strong too. we only crush and bale them. if you call in wednesday morning i will keep all the banana boxes for you tomorrow night and store them in the fridge and their lids for you if you promise youll collect them! should be about 10 or 12 boxes, alot of people ask for them

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭foxy123

Soundstore would have some. i used to work there and we often had people come in. they have their own compactor so delivery days are best. not too sure when that is. Fridays used to be delivery day in wilton (up behind Ger O Connor's funeral home). they don't charge for them. also you could try their warehouse in Sitecast industrial estate

Advertisement