Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephant living upstairs

Options
  • 14-05-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Well thats what it sounds like anyway. The girl living upstairs has very heavy feet, it's not like she's overweight or anything, but she stomps around the place morning day and night.

I know for a fact that I don't make the same level of noise for the people living below me. Also, her boyfriend makes no noise when he walks, it's just her, she has thunderfeet!!!

I've put up with this for several months and it's annoying as hell, but now their kid must have learned how to walk too because he's running all over the apartment from one end of the day to the other for what seems like hours at a time. He makes just as much racket as his mother, but he's worse because he never stops moving.

I have a constant headache listening to the pair of them. Do I have any legitimate complaint that I can take to my landlord or is it time to find a new place to live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

Well thats what it sounds like anyway. The girl living upstairs has very heavy feet, it's not like she's overweight or anything, but she stomps around the place morning day and night.

I know for a fact that I don't make the same level of noise for the people living below me. Also, her boyfriend makes no noise when he walks, it's just her, she has thunderfeet!!!

I've put up with this for several months and it's annoying as hell, but now their kid must have learned how to walk too because he's running all over the apartment from one end of the day to the other for what seems like hours at a time. He makes just as much racket as his mother, but he's worse because he never stops moving.

I have a constant headache listening to the pair of them. Do I have any legitimate complaint that I can take to my landlord or is it time to find a new place to live?

You'll likely never change their behaviour so probably best to just move. If you had said it was the furniture making noise I would suggest helping them to put felt pads on the bottom of chairs etc, but you won't be able to do anything about them walking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Have you considered talking to her? Maybe she wears heels, or some other type of shoe which makes a lot of noise? Especially as you cannot hear her partner. If the LL owns both your flat and the one above you could mention it, ask him to install extra rubber under the carpet or some sort of soundproofing.

Advertisement