Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

english essay.. need help please

• 14-05-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Right folks.
    Doing an essay about the "celtic tiger era" in ireland and im completely stuck for ideas :(. So does anybody know where I could get a few ideas of what to write about or know where I can get access to a sample essay about the celtic tiger?
    Im pathetic at writing essays :/
    All comments/ideas appreciated.;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 arboroia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Tiger

Wikipedia has some information on its causes, effects and aftermath - but it depends if you need to write a factual/informative article or a opinion piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

arboroia wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Tiger

Wikipedia has some information on its causes, effects and aftermath - but it depends if you need to write a factual/informative article or a opinion piece.
    I was thinking of just writing about the way the country was during the celtic tiger, for example- there where many jobs, the building industry was booming and everybody had a high standard of living ect.
    I just dont know what to do really :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I'd drop down to ordinary level.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I'd drop down to ordinary level.
    The problem is ...........................

im already doing ordinary level :o

anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What is the exact title of the essay and what type of writing is it supposed to show?

You are well able to write this essay on your own, you don't need a 'sample' essay. You can do your own work.

At the very least you could write a paragraph on each of the old history essay headers -

What was it?
    When was it?
    What factors caused it to happen?
    Who was involved?
    What were the main features of it?
    What were the main effects of it?
    Is it still ongoing? Why?/Why not?
    What are the lasting effects of it?

The title of the essay is
    "Imagine that you could go back or forward in time. Write an account of your experiences"
    There are probably way more simpler things i could have decided to write about other than the celtic tiger, but I really dont have a very good imagination for this sort of stuff :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Change the topic? Go forward in time and then you don't have to write anything factual?

In the end I followed your history essay headers spurious.
    All sorted now thank god :rolleyes:
    Thank you very much for your help guys, really appreciated it :cool:

Advertisement