Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead & Gone - Critique

• 14-05-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all could you have a listen to my song Dead & Gone and tell me what you think, both good and bad...I recorded this a few years back and i'm wondering whether or not to put it on my E.P that i'm recording at the moment....Thanks a million

http://soundcloud.com/devrobia/dead-gone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

It's amazing!!! I love it. At first I saw that it was 6 mins long and thought ''oh no its going to be too long and boring'' but the song kept me engaged and I listened to the very end. I really enjoyed it and will be putting that on repeat for a while. Very good and you should definitely put it on your EP. Excellent work. Have you a myspace page? so I can friend you?

Jammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Good stuff, really enjoyed it. Kind of reminds me of alice in chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Devrobia

Thanks a million lads for taking the time to have a listen and throw a comment my way....Glad you liked the song, i was worried it was a bit long, i taught maybe make the 2nd verse shorter...I like ALice in Chains, maybe they have rubbed a small bit off me, i think maybe the vocals are a bit like layne stayley's and the type of harmony he use's but thats the type of harmony that comes naturally to me...Anyway thanks again for listening, really appreciate it.
    My Myspace page is

http://www.myspace.com/dutchandthequaids

Have a listen to My Own Advice, its pretty similar in style to Dead & gone, the other two songs are just badly recorded acoustic songs i did years ago

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Devrobia wrote: »
    Hi all could you have a listen to my song Dead & Gone and tell me what you think, both good and bad...I recorded this a few years back and i'm wondering whether or not to put it on my E.P that i'm recording at the moment....Thanks a million

http://soundcloud.com/devrobia/dead-gone

It's ok... I would say the mix has issues, the track doesn't really build and the tempo is a tad slow...

I would also be cautious of overusing the vocal harmony thing... it makes the entire track seem VERY static.. in fact the man issue with this is that, considering it's length, it all sounds almost exactly the same, the verses and choruses..

So basically:

Fix the mix
    Strip down the verses
    Build up the choruses a bit
    Shorten the song by at least 1:30

And it'd be pretty cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Devrobia

Yea you pretty much pointed out all the issue's I had with the song, thanks a million for taking the time to have a listen and leave the great feedback...

• Advertisement
Advertisement