Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAFT.ie reset property listings?

Options
  • 14-05-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

It looks like the website daft.ie has reset all the property listings as properties that have been on the site for years are now showing as having been listed in the last few days. Why would they do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

not in my area but i have seen it in my area before. Not sure if some sort of systm glitch are hopefull agents thinking we will all easily forget what properties have been sitting there for the last 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

If you select the list by "Date Entered", you will get the original date.

Not where I am. For a few weeks 30 or so of the peoperties on it for longest all went off over night and then all reappeared again with new date entered dates. All from different agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

Daft have been trying to get rid of the properties that landlords just keep rolling over and over even when they are occupied. They started just cancelling the adds, but it plays havoc with their reports so they stopped.

Basically landlords leave the same add in, so they dont have to pay again when the tenant leaves early. They could leave an add up for months or even years at a time and just keep renewing. Every now and again Daft try to find a way to stop it, but to keep their credibility for the famed Daft report its very hard to now adjust the properties on the market all of a sudden. Better off keeping the existing figures for the sake of the reports.

the properties I was talking about were for sale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement