Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wheel trims for Motorhome ?

• 14-05-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Any idea where I might get wheel trims for a 2001 ducato based motorhome ?

I doubt that standard trims would fit as the centre of the wheel see quite high, as opposed to on a car.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Any idea where I might get wheel trims for a 2001 ducato based motorhome ?

I doubt that standard trims would fit as the centre of the wheel see quite high, as opposed to on a car.

Maybe look in a motor factors for caps. Give them the base vehicle model and see what they can come up with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Try Flea-Bay

I found these - Click Me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Bought em !
    Thanks !

I should get Commission ;) - do us a favour and post a note when you get them to tell us how they look - seriously - am on a 2000 LHD Ducato myself and I might be tempted

Will do

• Advertisement

OK - So these are these are the one I bought : Clicky

I've just installed one now.

Here's the before shot (click for bigger pic):
    imag0339c.th.jpg

Here's the after shot (click for bigger pic):
    imag0340.th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

They look well, nice addition to your camper.

Actually - looking at the pic with the trim on - do you think I should spray paint the old wheel black behind the trim or would it make much difference ?

Actually - looking at the pic with the trim on - do you think I should spray paint the old wheel black behind the trim or would it make much difference ?

Difficult to say from just looking at the picture but on balance I would probably leave it as is.

It's easier to see on the full size pic : http://imageshack.us/f/836/imag0340.jpg/ (Click the picture in that link for a much bigger pic)

But I'm thinking you're right - plus if the trims get damaged and I have to remove them the old ones painted black would be terrible...

• Advertisement

It's easier to see on the full size pic : http://imageshack.us/f/836/imag0340.jpg/ (Click the picture in that link for a much bigger pic)

But I'm thinking you're right - plus if the trims get damaged and I have to remove them the old ones painted black would be terrible...

:D ok now that's a little easier to see :D

My vote is to leave it as is. I'd have a list of more important things to spend a few hours on.

I'd agree with leaving the hubs as they are. The new covers look good. Thanks for letting us know how you got on. Seems like a fast turn around from the seller.

Yep - very fast - they were courier delivered for that price (£33.90 ~ €38.46)

Advertisement