Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen & Obama Visit

Options
  • 14-05-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

With the big visits nearly here - I was just wondering if most of the Reserves would be on duty? Asked to do extra hours? Nice opportunity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

searescue wrote: »
    With the big visits nearly here - I was just wondering if most of the Reserves would be on duty? Asked to do extra hours? Nice opportunity.

The commissioner stated last month when he was defending the reserves that Reserves would be on duty for the events.

If your in Dublin you will see theres a few on the street but TBH no more than usual! It hasnt affected Reserves on a National Level yet (ie those outside the DMR and I assume those at any other areas she is visiting).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 L.C.15

Depends on the station you're in and how your skipper/cig or super manages available resources. Was asked to do 12 hour shift on post yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

L.C.15 wrote: »
    . Was asked to do 12 hour shift on post yesterday.

i have one ahead of me on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

searescue wrote: »

Yep did 12 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, we were all asked by our Cig if we were available to come in, most of us were. Was a great experience to be included in it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Any GR's police the Queens visit ? if so how was it for you ?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

Any GR's police the Queens visit ? if so how was it for you ?

Went great . Spend a couple of days with the lads and really enjoyed it. It was a perfectly planned event and all involved should be proud of such a fine achievment. World Class Policing I would say comparable to any Police force in the world

Advertisement