Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Nurses Tunic

Options
  • 14-05-2011 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey guys, wasn't sure where to post this, and I'm hoping one of you lovely boardsies can help me out!

Basically I've gotten a new job in a nursing home, and I need to get my own uniform...(wierd I know), and the woman who interviewed me had no clue where I could get what I need.

What I'm looking for is a light blue male nurses tunic, with short sleeves and buttons up the side. My dad suggested O Connors workwear in the city centre, but said he wasn't sure if it was still open?

I know they can be gotten online, but delivery will take up to 10 working days, and I start monday so I kind of want to walk into a shop and get one!

Helpful suggestions only please :) thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Arnotts in City Centre have a uniforms department as far as I remember. You could give them a ring in advance and make sure Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Phone and ask for the head nurse? The home is open 24/7

They will deal with new hires all the time and would know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

Phone and ask for the head nurse? The home is open 24/7

They will deal with new hires all the time and would know :)

She was who interviewed me, and she just said she wasnt sure :P I asked a few of the other staff too and they said they didnt know!

and yeh, might give arnotts a buzz 2moro. they dont seem to have anything on their website apart from school uniforms but i'll give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The Arnotts uniform store is now in the GPO Arcade... just a heads up if you are going in...(or it was last year?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Think the GPO arcade uniform shop closed - didn't they go back to the main Arnotts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 matluka

medico check it out online, thats where i get them for my husband and myself, cheap as chips, should get it within 2 days of order;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Gwan, it's really yer mot who wants you to wear it, right? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Try contacting Nurse on Call in Ranelagh, they sell nurses uniforms. There's a medical supply shop somewhere around Aungier St. too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

hi, there is a place on Caple street, it is about half way down on the right hand side facing the liffey..they sell uniforms for nurses etc.. you'll see a nurses tunic in the window

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Read the title incorrectly. Was wondering was there a species of animal called a tunic that could only be breastfed by a man.

A better topic to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

happy_feet wrote: »
    My dad suggested O Connors workwear in the city centre, but said he wasn't sure if it was still open?
    Piriz wrote: »
    hi, there is a place on Caple street, it is about half way down on the right hand side facing the liffey..they sell uniforms for nurses etc.. you'll see a nurses tunic in the window
    O'Connor's . . . the shop was temporarily closed recently (relocated during this time), but they are back in their previous location, on Capel St at the Abbey St junction.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement