Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major heroin seizure in Limerick

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I for one am f***ing delighted,its the vilest drug imaginable and breeds misery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

True.....a bit of good news about Limerick's crim underworld for a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I hope that whoever supplies them, and doesn't get paid, sends over a heavy and shoots them all in the head!! :D

I'm serious. Fvck the media. Get a big cull on and get rid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

hopefully this time we will see a proper sentence handed for having so much drugs with intent to sell on, and for having two lethal firearms with ammo.

Possession of the firearms alone should get the scumbags 10 years under current laws.

The courts really need to start handing out the sentences that are available under law and make the scum actually serve that time. None of this suspended sentence rubbish for serious crime or for serial offenders, and no concurrent sentencing for it either.

If he got ten for the guns and five for the drugs, then make him serve 15 years. And no early release rubbish for career criminals. Have it that good behaviour means you get out at the end of your full sentence, but that bad behaviour sees extra time tacked on.

Proper sentencing done case after case may start to have some effect on the scum, and even if they don't learn, they will still be off of the streets for proper lengths of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

but it would have brought 10 millions into the city

What it does show is the level the local scum is dealing at.

That is close to one million euro worth of drugs.

How many other apartments or houses are dotted around the city, and in places like NCW, Shannon, Ennis etc that are owned or rented by this scum and used to store weapons and drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Apartment was shown on rte news, accross road from strand, small block belfield park, over shops.

Good work gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »
    hopefully this time we will see a proper sentence handed for having so much drugs with intent to sell on, and for having two lethal firearms with ammo.

Possession of the firearms alone should get the scumbags 10 years under current laws.

The courts really need to start handing out the sentences that are available under law and make the scum actually serve that time. None of this suspended sentence rubbish for serious crime or for serial offenders, and no concurrent sentencing for it either.

If he got ten for the guns and five for the drugs, then make him serve 15 years. And no early release rubbish for career criminals. Have it that good behaviour means you get out at the end of your full sentence, but that bad behaviour sees extra time tacked on.

Proper sentencing done case after case may start to have some effect on the scum, and even if they don't learn, they will still be off of the streets for proper lengths of time.

I can hear it already:

Stored under duress,
    In fear of his life,
    Cannot name person supplier due to fear,
    Lower end of the chain,
    Financial difficulties

etc, etc

10 years, 3 suspended, out in 4

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I can hear it already:

Stored under duress,
    In fear of his life,
    Lower end of the chain,
    Financial difficulties

etc, etc

Or he was going through a bad period in his life and has various addictions. Will agree to get help for his addictions and cannot name the big boss through fear.

Suddenly he is the victim, the poor dear.

Should be a simple case of telling him that if he does not say who he is working for then he takes the full brunt of the punishment for the various offences and will be in prison for the next 15 years or so.

As far as I would be concerned he is part of what keeps a killer drug on Limerick streets and part of what keeps illegal firearms on Limerick streets. So he is part of two things that take lives and ruin lives.

He is part of the mindset that cost Shane Geoghan his life. He is part of the mindset that cost Roy Collins his life. He is part of the mindset responsible for of every life taken by Limerick gangs and their associates, and part of the mindset responsible for every life ruined by those same gangs.

The law needs to start treating everyone caught in relation to drug and gang crime with that mentality, and stop allowing such scum to paint themselves as helpless victims over and over.

The only victims are the likes of the Collins family, the Geoghan family and all the other family whose lives have been impacted upon by these scum and their ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can hear it already:

Stored under duress,
    In fear of his life,
    Lower end of the chain,
    Financial difficulties

etc, etc

Don't forget the usual "bad childhood", abused, etc. Seems if you came from a bad place, it's "not your fault"...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

the_syco wrote: »
    Don't forget the usual "bad childhood", abused, etc. Seems if you came from a bad place, it's "not your fault"...?

and "making a real effort to turn his life around"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

He'll get off once they found out he played a bit of underage rugby once and is a "massive" Munster rugby fan.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

but there s not enough prison cells

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

but there s not enough prison cells

Oh there is but there are lots of people who haven't paid their tv licenses in there on short term visits. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Good to see my hard earned tax money is covering hes legal aid! Its some f***ing country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

I heard yesterday that this guy was just a normal Joe Soap. Big gambling debt's , loans from loan sharks (prob the scum themselves) and agreed to hold the stuff for the lowlifes because of the debt.
    Person telling me this knows him but wouldnt name him. Said he was a family man poor him blah ,blah.
    I dont care how in debt you are you never get involved with these murderous scum.
    What did he think the guns were for?
    sap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

BING BING BING Itsdacraic called the winner!
    I can hear it already:

Stored under duress,
    In fear of his life,
    Lower end of the chain,
    Financial difficulties

etc, etc

tishandy wrote: »
    I heard yesterday that this guy was just a normal Joe Soap. Big gambling debt's , loans from loan sharks (prob the scum themselves) and agreed to hold the stuff for the lowlifes because of the debt.
    Person telling me this knows him but wouldnt name him. Said he was a family man poor him blah ,blah.
    I dont care how in debt you are you never get involved with these murderous scum.
    sap!

sap!

Was it not said in a news report that he was known to the Gardai and have prior convictions?

No doubt he will get his free legal aid and what not, and the offer of him going to rehab for one supposed thing or another.

Lucky he did not commit a real crime though, like falling behind on his mortgage or on a loan, or he would be in real trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Bet there'll be claims of ADHD??? That's always a good one for the judges sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Kess73 wrote: »
    Was it not said in a news report that he was known to the Gardai and have prior convictions?

No doubt he will get his free legal aid and what not, and the offer of him going to rehab for one supposed thing or another.

Lucky he did not commit a real crime though, like falling behind on his mortgage or on a loan, or he would be in real trouble.

Was It? well then he was'nt as innocent as he was made out to be. Really no sympathy now.

Was It? well then he was'nt as innocent as he was made out to be. Really no sympathy now.

I'm just going by what was said in the garda statement/press release that was on the radio.

I'm taking it in good faith that the Gardai would be correct in what gets said in such a statement, and to be honest I have no reason to doubt it as if they said the wrong info it would harm the case.

Advertisement