Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centra Greystones

Options
  • 14-05-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Good to hear petrol will be served here soon :D works underway already:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

If true, I welcome the news as competition is well needed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Excellent news, another aspect of the celtic tiger madness is being turned around thank god, but it seems they are still advertising 'Your Gateway to Greystones', Victoria Plaza http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/Victoria-Plaza-Church-Road-Greystones-Co-Wicklow/478663/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

http://www.wicklow.ie/eplan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=0913&LASiteID=0
    Has a new planning application to be submitted for a petrol station ? The old tanks were filled with a substance for safety so new tanks will have to be installed too. Its amazing how times have changed, When there were less vehicles on the roads Greystones had 4 petrol/fuel outlets and Delgany had 1.

Bettyboop wrote: »
    Good to hear petrol will be served here soon :D works underway already:)

Have you a source for you info?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Have you a source for you info?

Manager of shop told me:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Best news I've heard in a long time. Heard it is The Green Apple chain - one of the cheaper suppliers. Victoria Plaza signs should now come down. They're still looking for interested purchasers on Myhome.ie. How stupid can you get. Looking for expressions of interest and trying to take booking deposits.
    Glad to see Centra store is doing so well.
    Parking is not a problem except for school collection times.
    Bring back the good times

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

vinpaul wrote: »
    Best news I've heard in a long time. Heard it is The Green Apple chain - one of the cheaper suppliers. Victoria Plaza signs should now come down. They're still looking for interested purchasers on Myhome.ie. How stupid can you get. Looking for expressions of interest and trying to take booking deposits.
    Glad to see Centra store is doing so well.
    Parking is not a problem except for school collection times.
    Bring back the good times

Will centra be rebranded do you know. Don't apple garages have their own stores, never seen an apple garage with another store attached.

Great news though, apple are cheapest garage, esso will be shaking :-)

Don' know if it is to be Green Apple. Guy in shop today didn't know. He mentioned TOPAZ. No matter, It is good news. And work has started this morning. New tanks being installed as old ones were filled with some bio-degradable material that didn't biodegrade?? :confused::confused::confused:

vinpaul wrote: »
    Don' know if it is to be Green Apple. Guy in shop today didn't know. He mentioned TOPAZ. No matter, It is good news. And work has started this morning. New tanks being installed as old ones were filled with some bio-degradable material that didn't biodegrade?? :confused::confused::confused:

Topaz bought over the old Shell and Statoil networks, perhaps they still own the site itself?

I seen some work down there yesterday. Small excavation near the car wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Damo9090 wrote: »
    I seen some work down there yesterday. Small excavation near the car wash.

Funny that, the tank covers are over beside the pump canopy - looks like they're just installing drainage for a jet-wash.

No sign of any petrol yet and I reckon it won't come along till a full re-development is undertaken.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Green apple took over rathnew petrol station now it not the cheapest place in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Green apple took over rathnew petrol station now it not the cheapest place in the area.

I used to go to rathnew but gave up. I found it strange that it was cheapest but seemed to cost more to fill my car there than other more expensive garages!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

On the ball as usual John - Top work

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 grouser

Chain is known as Applegreen, and TOP (Tedcastle Oil Products) seem to have a standing relationship (shareholding?) with them.

5781358483_bcebcb174b.jpg
    20110531-DSC_5312

5781372449_1cae340fbb.jpg
    20110531-DSC_5320
    Thanks to Astro for the tip off

Good man John. Was going to let you know, but someone beat me to it. Shouldn't be too long before we have a filling station back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 the_bigman

Paul up in the Esso will be disgusted.

5951111306_12cb479713_z.jpg
    DSC_6950 by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

5950544337_f4018a4bc2_z.jpg
    DSC_6949 by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Advertisement

Nice competitive price. :)

Was wondering how long it would be before that would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

I was filled with a warm fuzzy feeling at the thought that we might have a competitive petrol station in greystones that i could support with the 50 l of fuel i use each week and the assorted convienience purchases i make every time i enter a petrol station.
    The feeling is gone now.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

They gained and lost the custom of two cars in my house in a few short days. Back to Applegreen for me!

Its two cent cheaper then the two in Kilmac. Still its a shame that more is not done to try and gain the business, even during their honeymoon period:mad:

Its two cent cheaper then the two in Kilmac. Still its a shame that more is not done to try and gain the business, even during their honeymoon period:mad:

How much are TOP charging in Newcastle? They are from the same stable. A little far out to make it worthwhile to travel. I didn't notice any overall increase in oil prices lately. This is a down-right disgrace. First we had ESSO dropping their prices to tempt customers away from new outlet, now they get into bed together. We should boycott both until they become customer friendly (ie fair prices). I use the small filling station in Kilpedder and have found it always a little cheaper than the big boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

The 2 in Kilmac have always been overpriced.

This is a real shame. I never gave the Esso any business and these guy's will get none from me either.

Having said that, the forecourt is full everytime I pass by. So as usual the Irish consumer loves giving out about prices at the pump but doesn't vote with their feet and are willing to be shafted all in the name of convenience :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Macy0161

152.9 seems to be the going rate at the moment, to be fair.

As for shopping around/ happy getting shafted, you still have to weigh up extra petrol costs in the mileage, plus time to travel, to a less convenient petrol station for 1 or 2 cent a litre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

It may be the going rate but at 149.8 in Rathnew and 148.9 in Newcastle it's certainly not the cheapest.

With regard to travelling for cheaper petrol / Diesel, it just requires a bit of forethought. I was travelling back from Inch yesterday. Tank was half full but I still stopped off at Rathnew to fill up.

It's not just about saving money. It's about showing the rip off merchants that punters will vote with their feet. Something we're not very good at in this country.

Advertisement