Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Lordi!

Options
  • 14-05-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

... Wow that title is far too chessey... Anyway.

With the Eurovision being on I was reminded of one of the few Eurovision entries which I have liked; Lordi. So I remember at the time everyone seemed to love them but I get the feeling that might have been a fad. So, five years on from their Eurovision success* I have a question for all of you; Do you like Lordi?

If you need a refresher to make your mind up (or if you just want to listen to 3 minutes 14 seconds of ***t cool rock) then check out this video:

(EDIT: Okey, so embedding has been disabled on this video. If you want to see it just scoot on over to YouTube and take a look-see.)

For the record, I still find this song immensely enjoyable to listen to... Although to be honest I haven't really listened to much of their other stuff.
    So I re-iterate; What do you think of Lordi?

*I am aware that they had successes other than winning the Eurovision, that just happens to be where I know them from.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Lordi are GREAT and I have no idea what they're up to these days, but they have some great tunes. Bloodred Sandman is another good song by them. I like their style - what you see is what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭IrishMactire

Lordi are GREAT and I have no idea what they're up to these days, but they have some great tunes. Bloodred Sandman is another good song by them. I like their style - what you see is what you get.

Exactly. I am glad I am not the only one. I like that one; Could You Love A Monster Man. I think that is what it is called, its good. Of course Hardrock Hallelujah is and always will be my favourite by them. The video for it is pretty cool too. Nothing better than some undead-cheerleaders to accompany your rock. Also I think at some point he says 'Rockaplypse' or something like that, which just sounds amazing to me; The end of the world but this time it has a rock soundtrack!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I remember going to see them at Download 2004 and Download 2005. For the 2004 performance there was very few people in to see them. Funnily enough for the 2005 performance the place was jammed, it was impossible to get into the tent to see them. A bit of Eurovision notoriety had obviously gained them a lot of new fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Saw them live in the Button Factory a while back (February 2009), very entertaining stuff. Wouldn't be their biggest fan but they put on a very good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I used to love them! Must have had 15 or 16 songs I listened to constantly... Chainsaw Buffet still stands out as an absolute cracker.

They have a knack for mixing light-hearted humour with decent glam metal tunes, bit of a guilty pleasure!

• Advertisement

Malice wrote: »
    I remember going to see them at Download 2004 and Download 2005. For the 2004 performance there was very few people in to see them. Funnily enough for the 2005 performance the place was jammed, it was impossible to get into the tent to see them. A bit of Eurovision notoriety had obviously gained them a lot of new fans.

It did help the break a wider audience I think.
    Saw them live in the Button Factory a while back (February 2009), very entertaining stuff. Wouldn't be their biggest fan but they put on a very good show.

Damn, wish I had been there.
    Joe_Dull wrote: »
    I used to love them! Must have had 15 or 16 songs I listened to constantly... Chainsaw Buffet still stands out as an absolute cracker.

They have a knack for mixing light-hearted humour with decent glam metal tunes, bit of a guilty pleasure!

Precisely. Although I find nothing guilty about my pleasure in them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Great band, love the sound, never seen them live and Eurovision certainly helped

Although I do remember seeing a band called The Ark support The Darkness and they went on to do Eurovision representing Sweden, don't think it helped them at all though

Great band, love the sound, never seen them live and Eurovision certainly helped

Although I do remember seeing a band called The Ark support The Darkness and they went on to do Eurovision representing Sweden, don't think it helped them at all though

I never heard of The Ark, so you are right; The Eurovision didn't help them.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

great band ,love their live show ,saw them in the button factory also very much enjoyed it .

they have released a new album recently babez for brekfast ,tis good stuff

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

been listening to them constantly for quite a while now, my ringtone was "wake the snake" which is a rocking tune!

its time for the "Arockalypse!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Not a patch on Johnny Logan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Lordi are a fantastic band. If I watch a video of theirs on youtube, I always waste about half an hour looking at others.

Extremely catchy yet cheesy tunes, and a ridiculous "scary" image. Easy to see they met through a Kiss fan club :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Strike me as a bit gimmicky, but their songs are pretty good from what I've heard

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Joonaspp

The Ark flopped in ESC 2007. Obviously no one cares about them when they finish in the bottom of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Splinter wrote: »
    "wake the snake" which is a rocking tune!

Yes, it is! One of my favourites :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I will never grow old of this! great song and funny video:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

classic video :)

I will never grow old of this! great song and funny video:

xD That is a great video, very funny, I'd never seen that one before.

Advertisement