Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aero bars

Options
  • 14-05-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Are aero bars essential for Ironman Galway, and Triathlons in general?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

smithwicks wrote: »

tasty anyway...a bit lighter than a yorkie. 5 or 6 will set you up nicely...good sugar rush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

true wrote: »
    tasty anyway...a bit lighter than a yorkie. 5 or 6 will set you up nicely...good sugar rush

All joking aside a friend of mine ran Dublin last October and another friend was giving him drinks and food out on the course (getting point to point on a bike). Anyway he consumed 4 Wispa bars during the marathon. He didn't feel great after number 3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hootini

smithwicks wrote: »

"Essential" - I'm not so sure but is it a good idea to get them? I'd say yes.

A: You'll conserve more energy , save on crucial wattage over the 70.3 distance.
    B: You have the option to get comfortable if your arms/shoulders ache.
    C: You'll also get more aero.

Advertisement