Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing posts

Options
  • 14-05-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

In the last few months when I post I only have the option of editing it for a few minutes. So if I want to go back and edit a post after a few hours I can't! I started a thread posting up my podcasts from my radio programme on NearFM and I have pictures of my interviees. However only in the last few months am I saving the pictures on my blog and then supplying that link as eventually they will be deleted if I link them to other sites. So my thread will look stupid. Already one of the pictures is gone and I can't edit it/them??? Could a mod please fix this for me???
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You can edit posts for up to 48 hours after you post them, unless the thread has been locked by a moderator or your post has been deleted. If anyone edits your post, you can see down the bottom of the post "Last edited by", followed by the person's name.

In the thread you have linked to, nobody has edited any of your posts this year except you when you edited this one in January 2011, but you can see that you did that yourself down the end where it reads: "Last edited by Darren J. Prior; 28-01-2011 at 12:21."

If you want a post changed after 48 hours, you'll need to send a PM to one of the mods who takes care of that forum. Click here to be brought to the forum, scroll down to the end of the page, and you'll see all 10 mods who have the ability to edit your posts without any time limitation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In the last few months when I post I only have the option of editing it for a few minutes. So if I want to go back and edit a post after a few hours I can't! I started a thread posting up my podcasts from my radio programme on NearFM and I have pictures of my interviees. However only in the last few months am I saving the pictures on my blog and then supplying that link as eventually they will be deleted if I link them to other sites. So my thread will look stupid. Already one of the pictures is gone and I can't edit it/them??? Could a mod please fix this for me???

I might be able to help you out soon. Will PM you when I find out more. ;)

Seans go mbeidh mé in ann cabhrú leat. Seolfaidh mé PM chugat nuair a fhaighim eolas breise. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭DJP

I might be able to help you out soon. Will PM you when I find out more. ;)

Seans go mbeidh mé in ann cabhrú leat. Seolfaidh mé PM chugat nuair a fhaighim eolas breise. ;)

Go raibh míle! I would appreciate it! GRMA! :o

Advertisement