Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fixie Crit

• 14-05-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭

http://dublinfgss.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=686&start=0

I'd quite like to take part in the proper racing (you know, gears? lycra? people who train?) but I don't know who the entries will be open to this year. If it turns out to be invite only, or just for the A1s or something, I'd take consolation in drubbing some hipsters on closed roads in the city centre. It'd be like an alley cat only for non-**** and without the risk of getting lost or hit by a bus.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Id be interested

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Can one participate ****faced in a pub?

*it just tooke me 7 attempts to spell pub properly. Damn b button was hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Can one participate ****faced in a pub?

*it just tooke me 7 attempts to spell pub properly. Damn b button was hiding.

Haha,i dont know whats its all about but ill join in if the pubs involved:)it seems you couldnt find the B but the E wasnt hiding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

niceonetom wrote: »

I'd quite like to take part in the proper racing (you know, gears? lycra? people who train?) but I don't know who the entries will be open to this year. If it turns out to be invite only, or just for the A1s or something, I'd take consolation in drubbing some hipsters on closed roads in the city centre. It'd be like an alley cat only for non-**** and without the risk of getting lost or hit by a bus.

Anyone interested?

who are you refering to as ****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

who are you refering to as ****?

General participants in Alley Kittens I'm guessing....

General participants in Alley Kittens I'm guessing....

im hoping the hipster type?or the messenger type?

Lumen wrote: »
    You're looking at this the wrong way. You need to rotate the whole thing around on it's axis.

respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

respect

Oh crap. Your demon quoting speed has exposed my misused apostrophe to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

niceonetom wrote: »
    I'd take consolation in drubbing some hipsters on closed roads in the city centre. It'd be like an alley cat only for non-**** and without the risk of getting lost or hit by a bus.

Anyone interested?

looks like you are coming with a positive attitude that is going to contribute greatly to the event.

• Advertisement

im hoping the hipster type?or the messenger type?

There's plenty of **** that happen to be messengers too

This thread demands a Venn diagram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Wow... 2 threads in 2 days hijacked by people who want to start that tired fixie argument and give out about couriers... zzzz, and I thought you lyra types were too aloof to engage in such base behaviour.

As to the event itself, this year it's being done on a shoestring budget by an Irish event company. Apparently the guys organising the crit last year properly raped the DCC money-wise. It's being left very last minute.

They told me that this year it's only open to Irish riders, of many categories (they weren't specific about that part). They want it to be in the evening, main races starting about 7/8pm.

As such they wanted some side shows beforehand, yes that's right, clowns on fixed gear bikes! They are also thinking of having a mtb race and possibly a folding bike race.

It all seems a bit of a laugh and a chance for regular plebs to race around the city on a closed circuit avec insurance.

If any of ye are interested perhaps shoot me a pm as I'm trying to gauge rough numbers to see if the fixie side of it is worth doing. (I have no involvement in any other aspect of it.)

dubmess wrote: »
    Wow... 2 threads in 2 days hijacked by people who want to start that tired fixie argument and give out about couriers

No one on this thread is giving out about couriers or fixies.

I was, I hate them both ;)

Na, it's all just friendly banter around here dubmess

So '****' isn't derogatory and wasn't aimed at couriers?

dubmess wrote: »
    So '****' isn't derogatory and wasn't aimed at couriers?

Well, Tiny has spoken for himself. I have no beef with postal workers. I think Tom is just scared of dodging buses and breaking the ROTR so is looking for a neutered alleycat in which he has some chance of not coming last.

Grand so...

I'm sure most of the **** will be in the pub (or drinking cans at Tonehenge given the current economic climate) seeing as it's a Friday evening, so nothing to worry about then ;)

Apologies if I'm a bit thin-skinned about it, I was one of those **** for 14 years, and some might say you can stop being a courier but a wanker will always be a wanker :)

Regardless of any of this nonsense I think it would be a fun race, the course sounds great, although I have to say I'd be amazed if they managed to get permission for the closures they're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I never even mentioned couriers.

And honestly, who doesn't want to drub some hipsters?

Advertisement