Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anywhere on a sunday open to get a found pet's microchip read?

• 15-05-2011 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

My partner found a cat that is microchipped. He's keeping her in over night. Is there anywhere open tomorrow where we can get the chip read? We're in Dublin 12 so Belfield is not really handy...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

cltt97 wrote: »
    My partner found a cat that is microchipped. He's keeping her in over night. Is there anywhere open tomorrow where we can get the chip read? We're in Dublin 12 so Belfield is not really handy...
    Some vets open for a few hours on a sunday, google ones in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

I've been googling for the last hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

cltt97 wrote: »
    I've been googling for the last hour!
    Goldenpages then in morning , phone a few local .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Can you bring the cat up to the DSPCA. According to their website they are open on Sundays!
    http://www.dspca.ie/VisitTheShelter

My local vets in Kilmainham only have an emergency number for Sundays and I wouldn't call them for an ID on a cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I hope you've managed to get the cat scanned and reunited. How do you know the cat is microchipped?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 debreezer

What does she look like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

How did you know it was microchipped?

Well, she had a collor saying I'm microchipped, so we assumed! Brought her up to UCD in Belfield - but no chip was found! So put up posters etc trying to find the owner, have put on web also, there's a pic in the lost/found pet section here. see pic

Just remembered this - put up posters in superquinn and voila, the owner saw it! Happy ending...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

As a cat owner I was delighted to read that there was a good outcome to this story and kitty was reunited with her owner.037.gif
    Thanks for updating OP

• Advertisement
Advertisement