Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with cats fighting after one got a cast

• 15-05-2011 1:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

So, long story short. One cat broke his leg jumping off a balcony to chase a squirrel. One of the other two cats is now being quite hostile towards him. The third cat is being hostile towards the second.

Not sure what to do with them other than keep them seperated for the moment. I'm guessing the hostility is coming from him being ill. Normally I'd say it was just the odd smell from cat 1 being at the vets for a few hours but cat 2 was being hostile before we brought him.

Wondering what to expect if anyone has previous experience. Will they calm down with time? All three used to be best buds but at the moment I can't leave them together unsupervised, which is a pain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

had the same thing when one of my cats came home after surgery, shaved and wearing a cone. The other cat was frightened by the look and smell, and became a bit aggressive. I kept them apart for a week or more so the sick one could recover.
    Don't know why your other 2 are fighting though - maybe just the change in the house. I'd leave them to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

planetX wrote: »
    had the same thing when one of my cats came home after surgery, shaved and wearing a cone. The other cat was frightened by the look and smell, and became a bit aggressive. I kept them apart for a week or more so the sick one could recover.
    Don't know why your other 2 are fighting though - maybe just the change in the house. I'd leave them to it.
    I think the 2 and 3 are fighting because 2 was hassling 1 (the sick one). Not sure.
    2 and 3 were really going at it though, so I had to break them up. I don't need another vets bill after getting the first ones leg set and cast! :pac:

Advertisement