Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op HELP

Options
  • 15-05-2011 5:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey guys,#

Just wondering if anyone has ever left their co-op because they weren't able for it?

Basically I'm a Co-op Student and I'm In America while i'm doing it.
    First of all the job i was suppose to be doing isn't the one that I am, And secondly they are asking too much of me for the job I'm bring work home and have practically no time outside of work that isn't used up for work, I'm doing the job of someone that has FAR more experience and I've only gotten minimal training for it. I've gotten Co-op involved but I really don't want to get anyone in trouble. I haven't sold myself to be a know it all or anything, They just keep saying the Intern (Me) will do it.

I'm a marketing student doing the job of someone that should be qualified and far more experienced in the area.

The pressure is building and its beginning to affect my health I've been to the doctor for stress and ill health due to it also. I'm just wondering if there are former or current students that have left their co-op because of these reasons.

And secondly what jobs would cover the rest of the co-op? Just a rough idea if anyone has one.

Thanks for reading.
    USA stress'd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Is your manager the type of person you can bring this up with?
    If not, is there a HR department? Go them if so.
    If no HR department:
    Call the co-op office tomorrow morning and explain the situation to them.

Advertisement