Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow College

• 15-05-2011 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody on here has been to Carlow College (not the I.T., the other one) ?? In particular anybody who did the degree in Humanities like I did.

Personally, going to college in that place was probably the worst decision I've ever made but I'm not going to bore you with details about that, I just want to know if anybody who has done this course has found work since doing it and what areas you have ended up in? How would you rate the college overall since you finished??

I wanted to get into teaching when I did the BA but doesn't seem like there's going to be jobs at second level for a very long time so just wondering if anybody branched into different areas since finishing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I visited Carlow College a while back, and I was quite impressed with it, especially the library which seemed so extensive for one of the smaller colleges in Ireland. I was talking to a mature student who was doing a humanities degree and she was very enthusiastic about it. I also talked to an american who was on a term abroad and she was glad to see outside of Dublin.

I think if you had a negative impression you should expand on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

ive applied for a course there in animal care, whats the college like?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Miss Dymph

Sparkie93 wrote: »
    ive applied for a course there in animal care, whats the college like?

You must be mistaken, Sparkie93, there's no animal care course in Carlow College, perhaps ur thinking of the Vocational?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Miss Dymph

V480 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody on here has been to Carlow College (not the I.T., the other one) ?? In particular anybody who did the degree in Humanities like I did.

Personally, going to college in that place was probably the worst decision I've ever made but I'm not going to bore you with details about that, I just want to know if anybody who has done this course has found work since doing it and what areas you have ended up in? How would you rate the college overall since you finished??

I wanted to get into teaching when I did the BA but doesn't seem like there's going to be jobs at second level for a very long time so just wondering if anybody branched into different areas since finishing.

I'm still in the college, shame you didnt like it, personally I love it and i hope you find work, maybe think of a postgrad or a masters as most courses require you to do further work to obtain work especially in this current climate, beats sitting at home

Advertisement