Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid Car Phone Warehouse - Lifeline insurance AVOID

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

to be fair i have only paid for the insurance in cpw if it was a once off payment,there are grades,or bands of phones that can be paid in a lump sum ie 30quid for the year or else o monthly amount,which i did on a sony ericson,between the wrc in leitrim,oxegen,and drunken inncidents i got 4 phones off them,two of the same,and two newer models,the guy who sold it too me was fairly genuine,he did say he gets extra money if he sells it but he reckoned it was worth it and that the main t&c's are regarding theft and loss so i got it,havnt had any experience regarding theft or loss but when it comes to accidental damage they were spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lifepsycho123

I really dont understand the policy of CPW lifeline..a lost my phone a week ago...a mnth old samsung galaxy note insured by Lifeline and when I called them up the next morning the agent noted te entire description and hung up on me..I instantly called back only to find out that my insurance had been cancelled and that I wont be getting a replacement as I had failed to make a payment for the previous month. I was told that this effectively removed me off the insured customers list without bothering the least to atleast notify me by an automated message or a text. I was told to make an appeal but those people, I suspect, lack either an internet connection or a device with internet connection or proficiency to check and reply to emails from customers who have trusted their insurance and been paying them monthly hoping they would turn out to be helpful when needed....sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Nightmare to deal with but if you get a new phone, follow the terms and.conditions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Mobile phone insurance is terrible value and I don't think there are any circumstances I would avail of it. The terms of the insurance policies offered by this crowd look pretty good though http://gadgetinsurance.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Just spent the last half an hour of my day trying to cancel this rubbish. Eventually got through to somebody and it's cancelled, apparently.
    Meant to do it ages ago. These really are a <SNIP> thinly veiled as "insurance".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

mfitzy wrote: »
    Just spent the last half an hour of my day trying to cancel this rubbish. Eventually got through to somebody and it's cancelled, apparently.
    Meant to do it ages ago. These really are a <SNIP> thinly veiled as "insurance".

mfitzy the insurance department isnt open on a Sunday afaik so I would definitely follow it up tomorrow to see if it has been cancelled.

Advertisement