Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-shirt prints

Options
  • 15-05-2011 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    I was looking to print some t-shirts, I know that screen printing is probably the best option, but as a diy alternative - I remember seeing some kind of solution that when painted over a photocopy of your image will transfer it to the material of your garment. It was on some bbc home decor programme years ago and can't remember what exactly it was or what it was called. Does anyone remember this? Any thoughts welcomed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aoifthechief

Hey!

I know the stuff you're talking about, a girl in my class was using it recently, it's called transfer solution, I'm trying to get hold of some myself. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page on the art van go website it's there (under transfer solution, its also v reasonably priced) but they're based in the U.K. and wont post out the solution because it's so toxic, I've been looking around the internet for alternatives but no luck so far... :(

http://www.artvango.co.uk/pdfs/catalogue/avg_p20-27_drawingsurfaces_2009.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 daithibailey

thanks, will look into that. and will let you know if i can find anywhere that WILL post

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Millypenny

Hiya,
    Think the product you're looking for is "image maker" by Dylon. You can usually find it in the larger arts & crafts shop around the country or online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 daithibailey

Yeah I saw that Dylon stuff on the net, rang around a few shops in the dublin area to see if they stocked it, and found that reads do a product that you can print onto. Basically t-shirt transfers, not exactly the same thing but a means to an end. I found it quite good actually. They do packs of 7 A4 sheets for white t-shirts for e tenner i think and then packs of 5 A4 for dark t-shirts for 15.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 shellyhowell

aoifthechief good reply post you have shared here.. really useful

• Advertisement
Advertisement