Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Eircom get any worse?

Options
  • 15-05-2011 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Two weeks ago, our 8Mb broadband suddenly went down. A call to Eircom Broadband Support found that they were doing an upgrade, which would take 'about an hour'. They didn't appear to have an answer to our question as to why were (business) customers not given notice of this upgrade (during work hours). The 'about an hour' ended up being THREE days of no service.

This past Thursday, the broadband was very intermittent. The Eircom 'support' person's first suggestion was to log into the router and click the Factory Default button, which was done. When asked to confirm that this would not affect all the MAC filters, WEP keys, NAT rules etc etc, we were kindly informed that they had now all gone!! His conclusion was that the router was probably faulty and that they could sell me a new one for €50 and it would take 2-3 working days to get it. You can probably guess my reaction to all of this. I managed to borrow another router so that we could at least get our wired systems up and running. We are still awaiting the replacement (which they eventually agreed to provide at no cost!).

Today, we receive an email requesting that we complete a survey on behalf of Eircom. Ah, our chance to make our feelings well and truly known. I click on the link and get "We are sorry, but the survey is no longer available."

Only Eircom......I give up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

The sooner they are gone the better .

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

I worked for fircom support a couple of years ago, it's done from an eircom office in Clontarf but it's actually farmed out to a company called Stream International.

When I was there you had to have worked for them for a year before you could go on the business team so how did you get a idiot who didn't know that resetting to factory defaults would wip MAC and NAT rules and put the WEP/WAP keys and SSID back to the original?

The survey was part of the agreement between eircom and Stream. The request to fill in a survey was sent out randomly to 10% of callers. If the satisfaction level of the ones that came back were to low then a manager or team leader had to phone and ask why. They had to make so many call backs that they didn't have time to manage!

As an example there was one agent who simply couldn't trouble shoot WiFi so he'd ask customers with a WiFi problem to disconnect everything and connect the modem/router directly to the phone line. That was just to get people of the phone. So if you got a call after him you knew 99% it was WiFi and he should have been given more training on WiFi. But the managers were to busy making call backs to notice that that his 1st call resolution rate was low. Ironically they loved him on the end of month lists, for low call lenght. Yea of course, he was getting rid of calls he was going to spend time on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

coolpix23 wrote: »
    I worked for fircom support a couple of years ago, it's done from an eircom office in Clontarf but it's actually farmed out to a company called Stream International.

Really? Following my last 2 or 3 calls to them I assumed that it was in Bombay. I got a very blank expression from their engineer when I asked what SLA was in place for customers and what guaranteed uptime they promise.

This really is customer service at its worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

coolpix23 wrote: »

As an example there was one agent who simply couldn't trouble shoot WiFi so he'd ask customers with a WiFi problem to disconnect everything and connect the modem/router directly to the phone line. That was just to get people of the phone!

Interesting. This now seems to be their practice for every broadband problem. I have had cause to ring them several times recently and speak to many different agents and they all insist on disconnecting everything and ringing back, which has never helped me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Moved to Eircom forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement