Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18V Dewalt batteries

• 15-05-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭

Any reccomendations on where to source these at a half decent price. I've seen plenty on Ebay etc but just looking fore some boardsie experiences. Currently have 2.0ah - ideally like to get the 2.4 or 2.6.

Would also be interested to hear if anyone went down the replacement cell route ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

i bought 18v last year,not sure what amp they were,they were the yellow top ones.i think they were 50+vat,which was alot cheaper than my local dewalt dealer.got them in herco in drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

carfull with ebay! Make sure you buy from a recommended seller as there is a lot of Chinese fakes on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DannySparks

I just moved to the new 18v 2a.h lithium ion batterys a few weeks ago..
    excellent so far.. quick charge, half the weight of the xrps and excellent power even with the old old drills..

only downside is there is no real indication as to when they are close to empty.. they keep going at full power till flat and just stop which can be a little annoying if your half way through a hole ect ect

• Registered Users Posts: 1 damspider

i have a dewalt 18v screw gun with a 110volt charger.and im looking at buying a 220volt charger for use on the same batteries.will this work or will i be damaging the batteries???thanks and sorry to post this here but i figured you guys might know.

id say it would damage batteries TBH. Never tried but common sense says buy a 110v charger. Id say youd get one on the cheap on ebay, donedeal, gumtree buy and sell or the likes. Cheaper in the long run if your batteries die on ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 DannySparks

damspider wrote: »
    i have a dewalt 18v screw gun with a 110volt charger.and im looking at buying a 220volt charger for use on the same batteries.will this work or will i be damaging the batteries???thanks and sorry to post this here but i figured you guys might know.

yes will work fine i have both..110v for sites and 220v for domestic jobs

learn something new every day:) I stand corrected:o

Advertisement