Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean

Options
  • 15-05-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else pick this up? I know it's not the most highbrow series of games, but I f*cking love them. There's something remarkably relaxing about them. And although they're fairly simple and a breeze to play through, going back to previous levels with newly unlocked characters, to find all the hidden treasures, it's just so much fun for me.

And it plays pretty well too. The humour is better than ever. The puzzles are well though out and fit perfectly into the story. The levels are excellently designed. It still suffers from the "depth perception" problems that all the game suffer from, ie you think you're perfectly lined up with a ledge, but you miss it an die. But that's about the only problem I have with it.

So, is anyone else swashbuckling their way through this, or is it just really sad that a 32 year old man is enjoying a children's game so much? (you don't have to answer the last part!)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Picked it up too, looking forward to playing it, really enjoyed the Harry Potter one, although I never finished it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Will be picking it up during the week , love the lego games myself and would happily sit and play them for hours on end with or without the kids and I'm 38.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I love the Lego games. I've gotten 100% in the first few, have to get back to Harry Potter. The demo of Pirates was class, I'll pick it up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Same will be picking it up for the kids, will have to test it 1st to ensure its ok for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Same will be picking it up for the kids, will have to test it 1st to ensure its ok for them.

Why wouldn't it be?

Oh, i get it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

These games are a guilty pleasure for me, currently working through Harry Potter.

Clone Wars was both a win and a fail for me though. Lego Indy was my personal favorite.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

It was a choice between Brink or Lego Pirates.
    I'm glad I chose this.....well to be honest, I will always buy a Lego game first as they are great fun and have hours of replay value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Love the LEGO games (except LEGO Indy) so picked this up to play with some friends yesterday. But neither of them had seen any of the films so kinda ruined the fun of the games.

Still great, gonna hold off on the "On Stranger Tides" levels till I see the film though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

humanji wrote: »
    old man is enjoying a children's game
    :pac:

=-=

Pleyed Lego indy, which was bizarre but fun. Lost interest after a few levels, but I'm finding my interest tends to wane quickly in a lot of single player games recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

calex71 wrote: »
    Clone Wars was both a win and a fail for me though.

Why? I haven't picked it up yet. The Complete Saga was probably my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Loving it so far. I've loved them all, bar Clone Wars. It was good, but there was too much to do! This is a lot simpler, for lack of a better word, and while environments are big, they're never over poweringly so!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kids might get a look in sometime this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone played it on 3ds yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr. K wrote: »
    Why? I haven't picked it up yet. The Complete Saga was probably my favourite.

Win that it looked and felt better than the older ones, fail that they put in these annoying rts like bits. The core elements are still the same really.

Don't let that put you off, I still really enjoyed the game. I think there is a demo for it so you could try it and see.

As an aside as I mentioned, I'm playing Lego Harry Potter a glitch just screwed me out of 7 achievements grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Clone wars has a big one aswell involving the minikits, my advice on that one is not to play it co-op on your main save !!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement