Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM Card Registration Failed.

Options
  • 15-05-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Need a bitta help here lads. Broke my phone recently and got a lend of one off a friend for a while. Was working away fine until yesterday evening it started to tell me I had no service out of the blue. Did what I'd normally do, tried turning it off, no difference. Took out the battery, took out the SIM, still nothing. When I turn the phone back on it says SIM card registration failed. It's a nokia phone, not sure of the type as I didnt buy it and I'm a vodafone customer. Anyone any explanation or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its possibly a faulty sim card. If you go into any vodafone shop they will give you a free one on the spot with your same number and credit on the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The "registration failed" message could be caused by a faulty SIM card OR not being correctly read by the phone.

Check if that SIM works in another phone (either an unlocked phone, or one that is on the same network), and also try another SIM in your phone - this would tell you whether the SIM or the phone is at fault in your case. A faulty SIM is an issue for your operator, a faulty phone would have to be repaired at a service point.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twixaroo

Cheers lads, much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

i normally see the sim registration failed, on the old sim when i have ported to a new network...

the number could have been ported out to a different network ( it has happened as outlined here on boards to other people)

ring the number from a landline or another mobile to see if you get the same voicemail message,, if you dont, then it might have been ported by mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Oh god I hope it's not that again

• Advertisement
Advertisement