Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEST HUNTING SEMI-AUTO SHOTGUN

• 15-05-2011 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Thinking of a changing my shotgun, as I usually do this time of year.

I shoot a double when with my shooting group and a repeater when out alone or with just the dog, so a go to gun for rough shooting Is what I'm after.
    Recoil doesnt matter as I dont notice it with a light game gun as it is.
    Cleaning irrelevant as I clean all my guns thoroughly and regularly.
    Maybe ease of loading/unloading as I cross alot of ditches, fences when out shooting.

Thinking Beretta Extrema II or A400 unico. Opinions on these two?
    Which barrel length swings the best on each?

Whats the best in your opinions?

Cheers.

BR

Best repeater for hunting 28 votes

Beretta xtrema II
    0% 0 votes
    Beretta A400 Unico
    21% 6 votes
    Benelli Super black eagle
    21% 6 votes
    Benelli M series field guns
    0% 0 votes
    Benelli Vinci
    10% 3 votes
    Winchester super X3 Field
    0% 0 votes
    Remington 1100/1187
    0% 0 votes
    Remington Versa max
    10% 3 votes
    Other (please post below)
    7% 2 votes
    Beretta AL391
    28% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Baikal MP-153.

Cheap.
    Built like a tank.
    Cycles everything without complaint or adjustment.
    If it get's scratched, dinged, dented or develops a spot of rust... Meh, adds to the character, no need to curl up in a ball and cry or spend months in the shrinks office.

Can also be used to bash in loose fence stakes or as a paddle if you loose yours up any particular creek.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Berettas and brownings are the only ones i've used, have handled a few benellis and other cheaper makes and my favourite is beretta 391

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,047 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Remington1100 or 1187.Pretty bullet proof guns that dont need much babying.
    Browning as well,Very fond of the old Auto 5 model.Dirt ammo eater and built like a tank.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

Beretta AL391 urika II
    I can't beleive you didn't have it in the list.
    It's a great all rounder will fire anything you feed it and they can be bought in several different arrangements depending on your budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Breachloader

Sorry lads.

Starting to see I left alot out of the poll.

lol.

But thanks for the imput.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

beretta al391 urika, but only because i own one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

+1 Beretta A391

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Voted other as my choice wasnt on list.

Beretta 391 Urika. No-nonsense solid quality gun.

The fact that they are like hens teeth to find second hand is a testamnet to their quality.

I presume the Urika II the same also. The old 300 series Beretta semis aswell.
    Built to last. No experience of new ones, Xplor, Unicos etc but apple doesnt fall too far from the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

is use the beretta a400, love it

im also quite fond of the benelli guns, the montefeltro in particular, thinking of investing in one of these also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

FOXHUNTER1 wrote: »
    Beretta AL391 urika II
    I can't beleive you didn't have it in the list.
    It's a great all rounder will fire anything you feed it and they can be bought in several different arrangements depending on your budget.
    declan1980 wrote: »
    beretta al391 urika, but only because i own one:D
    leupold90 wrote: »
    +1 Beretta A391
    sikastag wrote: »
    Voted other as my choice wasnt on list.

Beretta 391 Urika. No-nonsense solid quality gun.

The fact that they are like hens teeth to find second hand is a testamnet to their quality.

I presume the Urika II the same also. The old 300 series Beretta semis aswell.
    Built to last. No experience of new ones, Xplor, Unicos etc but apple doesnt fall too far from the tree.

Same as wot they say 'cos I have one as well.

Didn't shoot anything with it yet - but it's in the cabnet. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭.243

gas operated left hand ejection fabarm hzur,
    as good as the beretta 391(only beretta dont cater for lefties or id have bought one)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've added Beretta AL391 to the menu so no matter the variation if it is an Al391 vote for it.

I've also moved the votes for the Beretta that were marked as "OTHER" into Beretta. So the poll is updated and accurate.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Alchemist2

A 400 XPLORER UNICO.. have had mossbergs brownings and lanber semi autos and nothing has come close in terms of handling to the unico mind you only used one for a couple of hours lastweek.. have a 30" one on order now should be sorted for nextweek that kickoff system is superb and worth every extra penny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Just bought a Fabarm Ellegi seccond hand cheap as chips. So far its the business but wont know properly until the duck season opens again.

Advertisement