Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which musical would you like to see come to Dublin ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

What did they do to the score? I havent seen it for years. But Ive seen it at least 8 times and wouldnt rush back at €55 in the Gaiety. Although prices in London are gone through the roof, I believe.

Love to see:

Wicked
    Billy Eliot
    Les Mes (again....)

Can we ever hope to get the Tony Awards on Sky?? They show so many rubbish music channels, yet little or no musicals or good country music.

RTE showed Tonys around 1989 !!!

h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

hawthorn wrote: »

Can we ever hope to get the Tony Awards on Sky?? They show so many rubbish music channels, yet little or no musicals or good country music.

RTE showed Tonys around 1989 !!!

His closing was pretty impressive also.

//aside

Just picked up tix for Peter Pan (which I would have preferred around Xmas time, but should be good anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

hawthorn wrote: »
    What did they do to the score? I havent seen it for years.

For the anniversary (20 or 25?) a couple of years ago they re-vamped the score to make it more modern. Kinda more funky...techno...fake synthesiser...

I think I saw the original version 4 times and the new one once, and I won't be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 wobblyheadedbob

It's years since I saw Les Mis in Dublin, would go back in a second!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SlinkyKittin

Definitely Wicked!!!! Saw it in London at Christmas and burst into tears at Defying Gravity!

• Advertisement

We don't have a theatre that could take Wicked...they fly in (and out) over 100 pieces of set during the show. Did the backstage tour in New York a few years back and the tech requirements are phenomenal, even the GCT couldn't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

Avenue Q is coming for 5 nights next April to the Grand Canal, starting 3rd April.

Elliejo wrote: »
    Avenue Q is coming for 5 nights next April to the Grand Canal, starting 3rd April.

Excellent. That's one I'd really like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Phantom of the opera , mary poppins :o.

Im a sucker for kids stuff, im just a big kid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jazzzzy

I would love to go see a production of Ragtime the Musical. Hadn't heard of it before I went to see it in April in Cork, put on by UCC, and it was smashing! The music in it is lovely.

And then of course I wouldn't be in the slightest bit dissappointed if Wicked or Phantom were to come :D Though having said that about Wicked, I'd be a little weary about it to be honest. Having seen Wicked three times in London now, I would wonder if the travelling show would be as good, I mean set wise / staging quality. I'm probably making no sense, but that's my view of it. Wouldn't turn down an opportunity to go and see it though that is for sure!

• Advertisement

jazzzzy wrote: »
    And then of course I wouldn't be in the slightest bit dissappointed if Wicked or Phantom were to come :D Though having said that about Wicked, I'd be a little weary about it to be honest. Having seen Wicked three times in London now, I would wonder if the travelling show would be as good, I mean set wise / staging quality. I'm probably making no sense, but that's my view of it. Wouldn't turn down an opportunity to go and see it though that is for sure!
    athtrasna wrote: »
    We don't have a theatre that could take Wicked...they fly in (and out) over 100 pieces of set during the show. Did the backstage tour in New York a few years back and the tech requirements are phenomenal, even the GCT couldn't take it.

Wicked won't be coming...for the reasons I stated above. They do tour in the US and I have seen a touring production but the tours stops are all weeks/months long and still have the same tech requirements. I have seen Wicked 9 times in 4 cities. Dublin doesn't have a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiyero

Even though they've already said they're coming to Dublin..... my choice would be Avenue Q! :)

It's just so much fun!

Go see it!!!

When's Avenue Q on ?

Elliejo wrote: »
    iMax wrote: »
    When's Avenue Q on ?

Answer was on the page already ;)

Sorry, tired, I'd even thanked it... I meant to ask when the tickets were going on sale

Advertisement