Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingspan foilbacked insulation (8X4)

• 15-05-2011 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Do these need to be drystored (and what happens if they get wet?) and roughly what do they cost for 75mm thickness.
    Thanks for replies:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Can't remember the price but in the Builders yard they store them outside, there's nothing in them to absorb water. Off the ground covered over weighted down and they'll be fine. Keep away from chickens - ours eat the foam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

So that is the colouring in the yolk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Colours quite normal but they need a few minutes extra boiling due to the insulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

if you can cover them as when wet they seem to change colour and go soft. i'd say its about 15-20 euro a sheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

the foil comes of them after time. cover them up if you can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

Thanks for all the replies, I'll store them in the dining room if need be:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

Last time I bought 75mm I remember it being more expensive than €15 a sheet. Buy a roll of polythene €15 and wrap them up. They will be fine outside as long as you have them up on planks and off the ground. As said above, weigh them down. If the wind gets under them they be flying around the garden like frisbys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Paul.C wrote: »
    If the wind gets under them they be flying around the garden like frisbys

I've never seen rectangular frisbees:D

Advertisement