Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chronograph

Options
  • 15-05-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

anybody know where i can buy a chronograph?
    know very little about them
    so any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I use the Chrony F1. The F1 represents Feet pr second. Do not buy the M1 as it measures in metres per second. There is no function to change the unit of measurement. it one or the other.

Its simple, easy to set up and there are a nice amount of accessories to be gotten for it, such as digital reader extension that comes from the Chrony to your table. A printer, ballistics application, etc.

They run around the £100 mark for the unit on its own. There packages for the accessories that can go to £180. They can be gotten on ebay, some dealers or in the North.

Here is mine.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I got Paulo6.5 to by me and him one :D

Thanks Paulo!

€50 S/H

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

The chrony F1 is 82.00 euro plus 29.60 postage from
    www.shooting-supplies.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Full chrony setup on sale from Smart reloader

€179.99

Can be switched off, taken home and switched on for reviewing, information retrieval or, downloading onto your computer

http://www.smartreloader.com/chrony-gamma-master-chronograph-p-2183.html

Accessories Included:

Shooting Chrony Ballistic Printer: Prints on plain paper, comes with 16 ft. interface cable and runs on 4 batteries (AA, 6V), included and connects to the Chrony with a cable.
    The LCD-readout and most of the Electronics are located in a separate, small housing, the Control Monitor, connected to the housing with a 16 ft. telephone cord. This brings the LCD-readout right up to the shooting bench. The Control Monitor also functions as a Remote Control.
    Gives numbered shot velocities and velocity stays on display until you shoot again.
    Measures High, Low and Average Velocities, Extreme Spread and Standard Deviations.
    500 shot memory (divided into 50 numbered strings of 2 to 10 shots each).

Advertisement