Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel medical insurance?

Options
  • 15-05-2011 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭

Quick one...What's the best way to go about cancelling my private medical insurance?
    Just so there's no surprises when I go to my bank account next month,and I'm a customer over two years..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

By writing a letter to your insurer. Just state that you want to cancel your health insurance with effect from whatever date (can't be a date in the past). You're not obliged to give a reason, though they may ring and ask for one for market research purporses. For certainty, ask them to confirm the cancellation in writing and to issue any refunds by cheque.

To be completely certain, also write to the bank and ask them to cancel the direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

There are other alternatives to the plan you are on. If you have a change of heart you have 13 weeks to reinstate or go to another insurer without having to reserve waiting periods.

Advertisement