Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pierced Nostrils

Options
  • 15-05-2011 3:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭

I would love to have my nostrils pierced, that is a ring on each. What is involved and will it be painful? I already have my ears pierced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Hey there.

I've had one my nostrils done for a couple of years now (this is the second time around) and didn't have any problems with it at all, either with healing or else with the pain of the piercing. The only comparision I can think of is that it's a bit like walking into a door- a bit of pain and shock, and eye watering, and then nothing. Afterwards it was all good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

diddlybit wrote: »
    Hey there.

I've had one my nostrils done for a couple of years now (this is the second time around) and didn't have any problems with it at all, either with healing or else with the pain of the piercing. The only comparision I can think of is that it's a bit like walking into a door- a bit of pain and shock, and eye watering, and then nothing. Afterwards it was all good.

Thanks for the info, diddlybit, I am prepared for some pain, but just to have rings on my nose, it will be worth it. In recent years, I have started wearing leathers and have let my hair grow very long. Having my nostrils pierced will complete my new look. No pain no gain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

It's not even that painful! Lasts about a second and then it's done. Nothing to worry about at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

When you get them pierced it'd be better to get pierced with a nose stud first as the ring can move around while healing a drag little crusties into the fresh wound which isn't the best. Get them pierced with nose studs first and then change to rings when they're healed :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

When you get them pierced it'd be better to get pierced with a nose stud first as the ring can move around while healing a drag little crusties into the fresh wound which isn't the best. Get them pierced with nose studs first and then change to rings when they're healed :)

Thanks for the advice! Yes, I think that I will get pierced with a stud first and then change to rings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Got one of the girls to pierce my nostril few nights ago. Got the needles off the interwebs. She jibbed out of the actual piercing me incase it hurt lol so she lined me up and I jabbed it through. Its not that sore at all. Only thing was I had a load of tears for a minute. She put the ring in it straight away instead of a stud. Seems grand now. Cleaning it like a mofo. Obviously it's better to go to a shop though to get it done. Hmmm both nostrils sounds kinda cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 F_Fitzy

Have to admit my nose piercing really hurt me!... I got mine pierced with a gun though so maybe that hurts a bit more. Also, prone to fainting. Its safe to admit I wasnt the easiest customer!! If its any consolation, ive had it done about 5 years now and I still love it and have had no problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Thanks for the info, diddlybit, I am prepared for some pain, but just to have rings on my nose, it will be worth it. In recent years, I have started wearing leathers and have let my hair grow very long. Having my nostrils pierced will complete my new look. No pain no gain!
    Just outta curiosity. What look are you going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eggy2010

Have both nostrils pierced(wear studs in them though) if you are going for a symmetrical look it's important to go to a good piercer so they are pierced straight. Got mine done in Snakebite(piercings were done a few years apart) and they are bang on identical to each other

Advertisement