Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Speeds Choked advice needed... its Eircom btw!

• 15-05-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Ive noticed over the last few days that my Download and upload speeds have been halfed. Im in Greystones/Wicklow area.
    90kbps is now the average DL speed i should at least be getting 2mbps (only on the Home Plus scheme).
    Can Eircom deliberately throttle my speeds? as i maybe over my download limit for the month.
    I think ive tried everything that might fix it router passwords scans etc.
    I did come across the article saying there was a problem with the line that affected Wicklow broadband subscribers last week yet it said all connections were restored

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

you're probably best off calling Eircom at this point. And to answer your question, its very easy to throttle you and if you've exceeded your cap for the month its probably likely.

Advertisement