Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub For Champions League Final

Options
  • 15-05-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

as the title says.... looking for somewhere with a good atmosphere and definitely not a place riddled in ABU's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork Barcelona fan club is at The Oak. It will be rammed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

gimmick wrote: »
    Cork Barcelona fan club is at The Oak. It will be rammed for it.

thanks for the suggestion, would prefer more Utd supporters though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Cissie Youngs will probably be busy (although maybe not packed out with Students having exams.) It's up past Lennox's on Bandon Rd. Great sports pub, plenty of TVs, projector and pull down screen, decent pint, knowledgable punters and smoking area with TV.

It's a bit out of town, but I watch rugby there and my brother lives across the road and watches all his football there. We've never found it in any way sub-par.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm thinking you won't have a problem at all finding a pub riddled with scumUnited fans :pac:

But the Rob Roy, The Classic and The Quad I've found decent spots for sport, Door 51 has the HD projector but not a whole lot of seats with a good view. Quad has a couple of TVs and cheap pints until 9 but I'm still annoyed that they turned over the other day at 40mins into the North London Derby. Missed the Huddlestone goal ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Soho bar on grand parade has tvs everywhere and is always good for a game or preachers can be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Counihans should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

TBH, everywhere will have it on, and almost everywhere will have a majority of Manyoo fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

ondarack wrote: »
    thanks for the suggestion, would prefer more Utd supporters though
    But why would you want to surround yourself with an air of disappointment at the final whistle?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

chakotha wrote: »
    Counihans should be good.

+1

Out back in Counihans is superb - mighty screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Door51

• Advertisement

Lemag wrote: »
    But why would you want to surround yourself with an air of disappointment at the final whistle?:D

Must say im Quietly confident!

2for counihans so far. Is it not a small bar? Always got that impression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

If you don't mind going out of the city centre then the Evergreen bar could suit you. Big bar, a lot of screens and usually has a big man utd crowd for the games.

I said id bump this on the day of the heineken cup final, it might throw up a few new suggestions. Also we would rather stay fairly central. Im leaning towards counihans. 1 of the group is 22, and we all know how contrairy security can be :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Thought I'd add this here as it's not really worth a thread of its own but Ladbrokes on Grand Parade are having their official opening on Saturday.

There is a sign in the window saying that they'll give a free €5 (Man U) or €10 (Barca) bet if you go in there wearing the respective team shirt.

Not sure if it's all day or only after the offical opening by the Mayor which is at 3pm.

Advertisement