Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Spurs

Options
  • 15-05-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

Great start, team look fresh and hungry...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Get in :D
    I'm not looking at the game but the boys on Sky are saying we are bossing it.
    The new formation seems to be working.
    Delighted for the lads and Harry after a bad run.
    If we win this we will lay down a marker for next season.
    Roll on the summer transfers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Defence has been amazing in the first half! Very impressed with all 4 thus far, especially Kaboul. Modric also been top class, as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Vdv off injured, Defoe on?

Changing shape, could be dangerous, why not bring on Niko?!

MODRIC I LOVE YOU!

Vdv off injured, Defoe on?

Changing shape, could be dangerous, why not bring on Niko?!

They didn't change the shape, Defoe is actually playing much deeper than Crouch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

does ledley king make this much of a difference ???

looks like it, he chased back after kuyt there and made the tackle as if he hadnt been out at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

yidweiser wrote: »
    Get in :D
    I'm not looking at the game but the boys on Sky are saying we are bossing it.
    The new formation seems to be working.
    Delighted for the lads and Harry after a bad run.
    If we win this we will lay down a marker for next season.
    Roll on the summer transfers!
    What shape are we going with at the moment I hadn't realised we changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

can we play the pool every week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Cianan2 wrote: »
    They didn't change the shape, Defoe is actually playing much deeper than Crouch.

Yes JD dropped much deeper.
    Unbelievable what a different side we look with Ledley at centre half!
    2-0 good win, West Ham lost 3-2! Best of luck filling the new stadium lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

mickman wrote: »
    does ledley king make this much of a difference ???

looks like it, he chased back after kuyt there and made the tackle as if he hadnt been out at all

YEAH HE DOES. HE SEEMS TO BREED CONFIDENCE THROUGHOUT THE WHLE BACK 4. he is immence. pitty about his injury situation. he could have been one of the greats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

decent performance. exelent result. dawson king modric sandro rose and kaboul were great today. cudicini made a few decent stops when called upon and fairly steady from crosses(bar 1 i think).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭gar

Defence looked looked much better with Cudicini, King & Daws.
    Great result, shame we didn't have that hunger against the bottom 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

If u look back at last season king played a lot of games in the league and we kept a lot of clean sheets

The man is obviously class and let's hope we can get 30 games out of him next season

I saw last 30 mins today but sandro was supposed to be too drawer ...again . Tom can't b picked ahead of him at present

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Never saw that result coming.

Pity King wasnt played last Tuesday but then again you couldnt have dropped Gallas or Daws

From the reports I've read - Rose had another encouraging performance.

Looks like we're stuck with EL football next season. Still, it give HR an excuse when we fail to make top 4 again next year.

All 4 of the back were brilliant! Watched the entire game and was questioning why (even though I'm a big BAE fan) Rose wasn't tried out there before.

Everytime he gets injured, I think King would never be the same player again. I don't understand how he can still be so much better then a majority of centre backs in the league, even without playing since October. As the commentator said during the match, if only we could just wrap him in cotton wool every week between games...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I genuinely believe that King would have been the best CB in the world had things gone different for him.

Must say I don't particularly don't want to play the EL next year but the possibilty of stopping Liverpool makes me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hey guys just wondering someone mentioned a change in our formation in the last two matches what are we lining up as now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Delighted with this win,I really wasn't expecting us to beat Liverpool yesterday and I don't think the Pool fans were expecting to loose either,It was great fun meeting them out on the Town last night.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Really expected us to take quite a beating at anfield! Sets us up nicely to blow us against another bottom four side on sunday!. Hopefully the fact that birmingham have to come and have a go might play into our hands. By all accounts they were pretty lifeless against fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Personally if your a betting man I think you could do allot worse bets this week then a Birmingham win. Hopefully not though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

As far as I know Everdead, Pienaar came in off the wing to help Modric, sandro and VDV to form a diamond and this is how we controlled the midfield.
    I only saw some of the highlights but my mate has the match recorded so I will be able to comment further after viewing.
    I stand to be corrected.
    Just going on what was said on Sky Gillette Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

yidweiser wrote: »
    As far as I know Everdead, Pienaar came in off the wing to help Modric, sandro and VDV to form a diamond and this is how we controlled the midfield.
    I only saw some of the highlights but my mate has the match recorded so I will be able to comment further after viewing.
    I stand to be corrected.
    Just going on what was said on Sky Gillette Saturday!

A diamond eh? A sign that harry is actually learning a bit about tactics?

Sandro, what a player. Really think he and modric compliment each other so much.

Advertisement