Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WERE CAN I GET HIGH CFM RAD FANS FOR MY H50

Options
  • 15-05-2011 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi there

im looking to get high cfm fans for my rad on my corsair h50, as i have a 2500rpm, mocing 96 cfm, and the cooling u get is amazing, but i need something abit more powerful, i dont mind about the noise levels as im tone deaf anyway, ha,

something arounf 150cfm , 200+

can you help,.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

maxokeeffe wrote: »
    hi there

im looking to get high cfm fans for my rad on my corsair h50, as i have a 2500rpm, mocing 96 cfm, and the cooling u get is amazing, but i need something abit more powerful, i dont mind about the noise levels as im tone deaf anyway, ha,

something arounf 150cfm , 200+

can you help,.

Some Delta 38mm Fans push 250 CFM, but its not worth it, you'll see 3-4 degrees difference at most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭maxokeeffe

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Some Delta 38mm Fans push 250 CFM, but its not worth it, you'll see 3-4 degrees difference at most

Hi mate.

I replaced the stock fan in the h50. With a high cfm. And the temps have been alot lower when I over clocked. Thats why I'm looking for really high cfm fans. Were do
    U by those fNs.

Hi mate.

I replaced the stock fan in the h50. With a high cfm. And the temps have been alot lower when I over clocked. Thats why I'm looking for really high cfm fans. Were do
    U by those fNs.

how much did the temps drop by ?

I believe I seen them on Pixmania, about 30 quid a fan

how much did the temps drop by ?

I believe I seen them on Pixmania, about 30 quid a fan

Hi there. Temps droped by 7c. What the push n pull method like. Do you have to use the same fans for that

2 indentical fans are ideal, yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

You don't have enough radiator for fans of that speed to be of any use.

But in any case, try this before making another thread.

Serephucus wrote: »

This

They make a Hugh difference.

This

Sorry mate. What was that b

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

They make a Hugh difference.

To be blunt: I really doubt you know what you're talking about, but if you want to waste money on something you don't need, for something you don't need, I'll be more than happy to help you.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12223/fan-796/Delta_120_x_38mm_Blistering_High-Speed_PWM_Fan_-_2528_CFM_PFC1212DE-PWM.html?tl=g36c435s1109

Enjoy your lower temperatures...

• Advertisement

To be blunt: I really doubt you know what you're talking about, but if you want to waste money on something you don't need, for something you don't need, I'll be more than happy to help you.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12223/fan-796/Delta_120_x_38mm_Blistering_High-Speed_PWM_Fan_-_2528_CFM_PFC1212DE-PWM.html?tl=g36c435s1109

Enjoy your lower temperatures...

Harsh lad. Making judgments before u even know a person. Prob still in school.

You'll get good gains to a point, like your seeing with the higher CFM fan now, but you hit a point where that air can't be moved away from the rad any quicker, regardless of the fan ( or fans)

Add to that, you can't run 2x38mm fans on the H50 as the fans will hit the pump top, and those fans need a very strong fan controller as they'll just blow your motherboard headers.

If you want better performance, buy 2x 1850 RPM gentle typhoons, they don't have any need to be on a controller and in push pull, won't hit the pump top

You'll get good gains to a point, like your seeing with the higher CFM fan now, but you hit a point where that air can't be moved away from the rad any quicker, regardless of the fan ( or fans)

Add to that, you can't run 2x38mm fans on the H50 as the fans will hit the pump top, and those fans need a very strong fan controller as they'll just blow your motherboard headers.

If you want better performance, buy 2x 1850 RPM gentle typhoons, they don't have any need to be on a controller and in push pull, won't hit the pump top

I'm gonna buy 2 enermax 1750 rpm fans. On the push n pull. That should help. And I'm gonna leave it at that.

Thanks dean

Advertisement