Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Data

Options
  • 15-05-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking to find data on rents for Ireland stretching back 10-15 years. I know the CSO have an index for the CPI but I'm looking for absolute values - does anyone know if the CSO have this? I've spent a fair amount of time on the site to no avail.

I do think they have the info somewhere due to two things I've read, this, which is a Ronan Lyons post which says "using daft.ie and CSO rents" and this, which is an old Central Bank paper with Chart 7 indicating he had house price data to calculate yields.

I know daft.ie have data in their reports but that only goes back a few years and has the obvious caveats. I'm looking to calculate yields myself, at an indicative level.

Any help would be great, I did consider posting in the Economics forum but think here could be more relevant.

Thanks,

Dan

Advertisement