Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Naps

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Dailynaps

Dailynaps wrote: »

5.20 Newbury Lady Lam 5.3 win 1.81 place
    Didn't realise Hugh had tipped him :o:o

Manieree finished her race really well, finished 5th but only .5 length from winning!

1pt place
    2.50 Sandown Speightowns Kid 1.38
    5.05 Sandown Grumeti 1.41

1pt win 1pt place
    4.45 Market Rasen Rock Me 6.4 win 2.3 place
    Lawney Hill's only runner on the day, trainer's form over hurdles in last two months reads 11137113F1313. Rock Me won better races than this last summer and the only worry is he won't be ready to go after 200 days off the track but with stable form so good atm that looks unlikely.

1pt place
    2.20 Bath Art Scholar 1.35
    3.30 Sandown Night Carnation 1.49

3pts each way
    3.25 Doncaster Mon Brav 16/1 Bet365
    Not up to it in better race than this last time but had two wins on the trot before that on his first two starts for Brian Ellison - Stable bang in-form. Should be more at home at this level.

1pt place
    4.45 Salisbury Bonnie Brae 1.34

1pt each way
    3.30 Sedgefield Wotchalike 25/1 Boyles
    Actually 8lbs out of the handicap here but two decent ish efforts last month and step up to 3m3f looks like it'll suit so definite place contender.

• Advertisement

St James' Palace
    2pts each way
    Dream Ahead 14/1 Sky Bet

Could be as good as Frankel judging last year's form, the easing conditions will be a plus and could give him the advantage.

1pt each way
    Zoffany 25/1 Ladbrokes

Group One winner last season, made decent comeback when second to Bewitched last month (stablemate but Zoffany was shorter in betting) and sure to come on for that run given stable's history.

2pts each way
    2.30 Ascot Canford Cliffs 6/4 Bet365

Surely should be bigger price differential between the two principles, Goldikova only just holding off Paco Boy last year and I'm sure Canford would be much shorter if he was up against Paco Boy!

1pt each way
    3.05 Group Therapy 25/1 Bet365

Showed lots of improvement last season, disappointed in Palace House but close to best agina lto in Temple and should go well.

1pt each way
    4.25 North Star Boy 40/1 Bet365

Has beaten a few of these already but can be backed at bigger odds. Done nothing wrong in two starts and should stay 6f.

4pts each way
    5.00 Ascot Veiled 6/1 Bet365

Little doubt in my mind he's the best in this race, is improving all the time and step up to this will really suit.

2pts each way
    5.00 Ascot Junior 9/2 Bet365

So progressive this season, up 10lbs since winning this last year but it'll be hard to stop him, looks long odds-on to place to me.

2pts each way
    5.35 Ascot Frederick Engels 9/2 Paddy Power

So impressive lto at Musselburgh, he could be anything really and this could be the last time we see such generous odds on offer.

2pts each way
    2.30 Ascot Canford Cliffs 6/4 Bet365

1pt each way
    3.05 Group Therapy 25/1 Bet365

1pt each way
    4.25 North Star Boy 40/1 Bet365

4pts each way
    5.00 Ascot Veiled 6/1 Bet365

2pts each way
    5.00 Ascot Junior 9/2 Bet365

2pts each way
    5.35 Ascot Frederick Engels 9/2 Paddy Power
    3 winners, happy with that :) Delighted with Veiled, was really top class!

Unfortunately the BBC coverage I found shocking today. Willie Carson came across as a real ignorant oaf and would also appreciate a little more than 6-7 minutes of analysis before every race!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Well done DailyNaps. Very good day for you. Same again tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Unfortunately the BBC coverage I found shocking today. Willie Carson came across as a real ignorant oaf and would also appreciate a little more than 6-7 minutes of analysis before every race!

BBC coverage of racing is muck, Their pieces on some horses before the races do be good alright but willie carson is a tit he does my nut in.

• Advertisement

Nulty wrote: »
    Well done DailyNaps. Very good day for you. Same again tomorrow
    Thanks, challenge accepted! :pac:

3.05 Windsor Forest Stakes
    Ultra-competitive heat but have a few fancies.

2pts each way
    Jacqueline Quest 25/1 Hills

Only lost Guineas last year in the stewards' room and then went on to finish third in the Group One Coronation here. Has beaten a few of these in the past (twice ahead of Music Show) so looks a big price. Comeback run was disappointing this year but same could be said last year before she put up her career best in the Guineas.

2pts place
    Im a Dreamer 2.08

Progressive last year and so impressive on comeback this term, could have any amount of improvement left and fav jockey on board!

3.45 Prince of Wales' Stakes
    1pt each way Twice Over 18/1 Stan James

Think this is far more open than the market suggests with most of these having a chance. Twice Over was right up to his best last season winning Eclipse and Champion Stakes and has a good reord here the last three years, very close to winning this last year. Returned this season with a Group 2 success at Meydan and I'm willing to forgive poor effort last time out as a mile is really too short for him.

4.25 Ascot
    1pt each way Dance and Dance 12/1 Hills - 5 places

Won two similar big-race handicaps last year and showed his class when winning at Epsom a fortnight ago.

1pt each way Chapter and Verse 40/1 Ladbrokes - 5 places
    Useful on AW and wasn't far off some of these in Suffolk Handicap at Newmarket in April, finishing 6th. Off lower mark again here (much lower than AW) and claimer on board, here we go!

5.35 Ascot
    1pt each way Winter's Night 11/2 Bet365

Improving all the time and i was very impressed with her third in a handicap at Haydock lto, handicapper not catching up yet I'd say.

2.30 Ascot
    1pt each way Oracle 13/2 Boyles

Greatly improved this season, 3rd in Irish Guineas would give him a chance here and hopefully more improvement to come.

Disappointing day, Dance and Dance the one that got away! :( Onwards and upwards...!

Been following a Salisbury Maiden from last September for the last while and it's been working well. Chain Lightning won ahead of stablemate Census in very heavy conditions that day, with the first 4 home winning next time out and first five winning since then. Stable and jockey in flying form this week too!

Census won his maiden easily at Bath last October and runs in the King George tomorrow after hacking up on his comeback run at Newbury doing it really impressively, is raised 9lbs for that but i'll be hoping for plenty more improvement to come.

Chain Lightning also improved again when winning comeback handicap at Sandown in good style, running off 85. He has enough pace for a mile and Hughes stays onboard having a choice of four Hannon runners in this.

1pt each way Chain Lightning 4.25 Ascot 14/1 Powers - 5 places
    1pt each way Census 5.35 Ascot 11/2 Coral
    3pts each way double @ 14/1 * 5/1 Powers (With BOG)

It is bucketing down at Ascot!!

3.05 Ascot
    2pts each way Banimpire 3/1 Ladbrokes (1/3 1,2,3)

Appreciated the step up to 1m4f at Cork on Sunday when winning a Group 3, Bolger wouldn't have her here if she didn't have a massive chance, evens to place looks far too big.

3.45 Ascot
    2pts each way Aaim to Prosper 66/1 Hills (1/3 1,2,3)

Cesarewitch winner last season, look for this fella to be staying on through the field when the rest have had enough, stays all day and the rain looks like making this even more of a test which will suit. Most of the field won't stay 2.5 miles, can't be having the top two in the market with such doubts over stamina.

1pt each way
    Geordieland 22/1 Sportingbet

Off the track for two years but goes very well fresh, even ran poorer than expected in this in 2009 beacause the race came too soon, was second the previous two years to Yeats but there's nothing of Yeats' quality in this field so I'll take a punt on Geordieland having retained his ability.

5.00 Ascot
    Happy Today 3pts win 36 3pts place 8

Was second to Dordogne in a Listed event at Newmarket in April and then stayed on very strongly in the 2000 Guineas into sixth behind Frankel. That looks pretty decent form for this Group 3 so 35/1 looks insulting.

5.35 Ascot
    1pt each way Apache 11/2 Hills

Loved the step up to 1m4f last time winning impressively at Leopardstown and recording a quick time. Looks like he could improve further over this trip and looks value.

1pt each way Chain Lightning 4.25 Ascot 14/1 Powers - 5 places
    1pt each way Census 5.35 Ascot 11/2 Coral
    3pts each way double @ 14/1 * 5/1 Powers (With BOG)
    My rain dance is working :D This is gonna make me thousands, I might be getting a bit too confident though! Aaim to prosper is going to trot up too :D

More and more rain please!!!!

• Advertisement

2.30 Ascot
    2pts each way Pyman's Theory 10/1 Sportingbet

Won a Listed event beating Bannock on good to soft, that's all :)

Wow Ribblesdale finished like a 4m Chase, can't wait for the Gold Cup :D

Few quick ones, busy day!

1pt each way I Love Me 22/1 Chandler
    1pt each way Claoimh Solais 14/1 Bet365

2pts each way Bea Remembered 16/1 Stan James

2pts each way Halifax 8/1 Hills

2pts each way Axiom 14/1 Boyles

Woeful yesterday :o But some nice ones today!

2.30 Ascot
    2pts each way Polydamos 20/1 Hills

Good third on debut but showed so much promise and should come on a bundle, related to Zoffany interestingly!

3.05 Ascot
    3pts each way Calvados Blues 16/1 Bet365

Looked like he was unlucky not to beat Rewilding in Dubai earlier this year when not getting a clear run and has decent form on soft ground.

1pt each way Harris Tweed 16/1 Bet365
    Lots of improvement last year winning a couple of listed events, disappointed on return but can bounce back.

3.45 Ascot
    2pts each way Hooray 11/1 Bet365

Greatly improved last season landing Cheveley Park in soft conditions, didn't stay in the Guineas but this 6f on GS should be ideal.

4.25 Ascot
    4pts each way Nasri 16/1 Bet365

Has shown so much improvement since joining Nicholls, third in Victoria Cup here would give him every chance and still unexposed at this trip. Has good form on soft ground.

5.00 Ascot
    4pts each way Taqleed 15/2 Hills

Unexposed especially over this trip, was 6th in Cambridgeshire last year on just fourth start taking on some much more experienced horses. 8th in York handicap on return this season but looked like a step up in trip would suit and really wasn't given a hard race there.

2pts each way Sharaayeen 8/1 Hills
    Improved with every run last season and stepped up again finishing second in a good newmarket handicap last month. Has good form on soft.

Ooh think that was a nasty Ascot :(

1pt each way on these:
    3.50 Hereford Am I blue @ 11/1 Boyles
    5.40 Pontefract I got you Babe 12/1 Ladbrokes
    3.10 Pontefract Shaws Diamond 16/1 Ladbrokes

1pt each way
    5.30 Hexham Powerful Ambition 8/1 Stan James

Brian ellison stable in blistering form for last few months, this can give him 4th winner on the trot.

Both 1pt each way
    2.15 Kempton Soldiers Point 14/1 Ladbrokes
    3.45 Kempton Shaunas Spirit 11/1 Coral

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaccckkkk!! :D

And looking forward to some good action for the next few days!

Sandown 4.35 Tomorrow:
    MAX 5pts each way Chain Lightning 5/2 Boyles PP
    Had this fella put down as an even money shot :eek: He won his maiden impressively in a hot race at Salisbury last September in heavy conditions, with the next three home winning next time out. Returned this season with an easy win in a handicap off 85 over this course and distance with some more good types in behind - Dominant, Glencadam Gold and Samurai Sword all winning since and now rated 20lbs, 8lbs and 10lbs higher respectively. Chain Lightning is just 6lbs higher now and looks like he could prove much better.

The colt was backed off the boards last time out in the Brittania Handicap at Ascot, 16s early morning into 6s fav at the off. He was drawn in no man's land in stall 11 but managed to get over to race with the stand's side group. Unfortunately he never got any cover and was forced to race away from the rail towards the center of the track which proved his undoing. But he did do very well to finish 8th home that day, looked like he'd every chance a couple of furlongs out but just didn't have the track position.

Going each-way on a 5/2 shot some say is silly but I was quite frankly insulted to be offered 1/2 for this colt to place :D

Another MAX 5pts each way
    Workforce 7/4 Bet365 (1/3 ew)

Very insulting price for a Derby and Arc winner! Clearly the best horse and should be FAV :)

This game is easy sometimes.

• Advertisement

1pt each way
    4.30 Hadock Lutine Bell 10/1 Ladbrokes

Looks to have improved for current yard, the uphill 6f here should be ideal.

Advertisement