Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to running

Options
  • 15-05-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

just started running few weeks ago. been putting in some decent times for a beginner.

5 km in about 29,3 mins
    just did 11.87 in 1hr 10 mins 28secs pretty happy with that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

How fit were you before you started and what time did you start at for the 5k?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

well a fair bit fit i would say. play a fair bit of football 29.3 was my first 5 k i had done one or two 3 k runs before that only really started about a week and a half ago.

so reckon i am fairly on track

4.44 km in 25,20 mins on Wednesday not to bad i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

best of luck. WIll enjoy following your progress:)

Went out again last night Only a short one 4.64km in 26.59 not great but what can you do getting closer to my target of 5 km 25 mins.

@baaaaa if you wanna see where I started out at check out a thread by a poster called madon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Hey Super Sweeney- you're still going strong! Fair play- you still football training along with this?

hey madon

yeah training twice a week with a match once a week so i sneak a bit of running in around this but i have noticed that my game has improved dramatically not having to worry about fitness can't wait for rugby to start then i can really see the difference. but yeah i think my goals are still on track.

i think you should go all out for your 10k 55mins!!!

do u strap ure knee??

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

hey madon

yeah training twice a week with a match once a week so i sneak a bit of running in around this but i have noticed that my game has improved dramatically not having to worry about fitness can't wait for rugby to start then i can really see the difference. but yeah i think my goals are still on track.

i think you should go all out for your 10k 55mins!!!

do u strap ure knee??

My OH strapped it but I'm not sure if we made things better or worse! I think I'm getting over it now have been stretching and that. I changed route and have a lot of up and down hill now, I think the down hill is doing it coz I keep trying to slow myself down.
    You probably cover more distance playing football than when going for a run I love when they show how far the footballers ran during a game when you watch a match. I'm always amazed by it and then when you think they probably sprint the majority of it too.

madon wrote: »
    My OH strapped it but I'm not sure if we made things
    You probably cover more distance playing football than when going for a run I love when they show how far the footballers ran during a game when you watch a match. I'm always amazed by it and then when you think they probably sprint the majority of it too.

yeah i reckon i do cover more distance go pretty all out playing football. went for another run yesterday

9.26km 56:55 mins avg 6.09 min/km

a little slower than i like but hopefully today i will do a better one

yeah i know what you mean about strapping it and sometime making it worse haha. maybe some swimming till it heals fully?

went out for 25 min run see what i could do

4.18km -25.01min avg 5.59km/min

not happy with it at all

• Advertisement

ok so not been on here in ages been doing rugby training instead of running but in japan now so started on the tredmill again. 5k 30 mins and then 20 mins of interval training on the bike. feel somehow i should be doing a quicker 5k as i always finish and i am never tired but if i increase the pace i can't finish.

started some wieghts also. no idea what i am at never do weights but why not

another gym session over got a few in this week. tough one today feeling sore but hopefully same session will be easier next week

another 2 hour tough session in the gym feeling good, but finding it real hard to eat right here in japan the hotel food sucks and there are no real supermarkets that i have found.....

Advertisement