Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbrush compressor

Options
  • 15-05-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Have an expotools dual action airbrush which I use with gas propellant cans and I now wish to change to a compressor.
    First time to use a compressor any advice on type, pitfalls I should look out for, or any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Maurice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

Two essential items would be...
    1. Moisture trap
    2. Pressure regulator

Most good compessors will have them however some cheaper models may lack one or both of the above. If so, it's not difficult or expensive to buy and fit these items to a compressor. The moisture trap will prevent any moisture from exiting the brush and marking the paintwork. The regulator is fairly self explanatory, it'll allow you to control the amount of air leaving the brush and therefore will give greater control over the finish.

Hope this helps...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

At the risk of stating the obvious, go for a dedicated Airbrush compressor rather than a more standard one which may be rather.......noisy.

Specific modelwise

http://everythingairbrush.com/acatalog/AS_Series.html

i've been using the first one on the list for the last few months, and it's given me no trouble.

Just somethings to mull over until someone with more knowledge chips in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Ive been using an everythingairbrush.com one too, but the as186, with tank. I reckon ur better with a tank for higher volume stuff like rc car bodies.
    Ive been using mine for 2 or 3 years now, A LOT!
    When it breaks or wears out, im buying another..
    its budget but i cant see how an expensive Iwata one is any better. It compresses air, it filters the water, it regulates the air... thats all u need.

Advertisement