Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you be eligible for btea more then once for courses that are not related?

Options
  • 15-05-2011 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this and appreciate that there are a lot of Btea questions asked here but if someone could help that would be great!

I was on Btea for the academic year of 2009/10 doing a makeup artistry course which is a level 5 fetac, or level 5 on the National framework of qualifications. I am now looking to go back to college in September to become an accounting technician, this is a 2 year course and is level 6 on the National Framework of qualifications, I am unemployed and meet all the criteria needed to be eligible for btea but am worried that my previous time on it will stand in the way of me getting it again considering I was only on it a short time ago and the course I want to do is completly different to the one I have done already, will this stand in my way?

Any information at all would be really appreciated, Thanks a million.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bluemoon.

Im the same..... well except for the fact I have no idea what course I want to do in Sept, but know I want to do one anyway. I did pre-nursing and HATED it.

how did you find the makeup course? are you doing the course in Sept as you cant find employment in make up?

Also where you on JSA before you did your makeup course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 katiejane88

I was on jsa for 3months before doing makeup, i loved the course but in the year since finishing the course all iv been able to get was parttime work on a makeup counter and was let go after a month because it wasnt making enough money, i spoke to social welfare today and it doesnt matter if the course you want to do is not related to previous ones you have done, the main thing is its a higher level, so if you have a level 5 qualification the course you do now must be level 6 or more, id suggest applying for one soon as alot of the interviews for places are on now!:-)

Advertisement