Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diary/Journal Programme?

• 15-05-2011 7:15pm

Hey all,

Say I take a flick through the forum here, and I find some stuff I'd like to attend, does anyone know of any decent (and free!) programme that'll allow me to add it to a diary, so i can check in on it every now and again and see what's coming up?

I've tried googling and searching boards, but all I seem to get are Weight-loss programmes and such, so it's not the most helpful.

Just wondering if anyone here has any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I'm probably not understanding fully what you are trying to achieve, but what about something like a google calendar ? or how about evernote? or if its publicly accessible just pop a note on the whats happening sticky (it could do with a little more love anyway)

I'm just looking for a diary for my PC, that I can add things to. Like a program that opens up a customisable calendar; where I can add events as I please.

For example, lets say I spend all day trawling through this forum, and I pick out a load of stuff that i want to attend. I'd like a program/calendar that i could mark them all into.

I actually know of a guy that has a bit of software that does exactly what I want, but i dunno what it's called (and he's not around at the moment, wont see him for a few days).

Evernot looks interesting, but I don't think it's the same kinda thing.

(and yeah, i realise i should have wrote calendar instead of diary/journal in my OP. For some reason the word calendar never entered my head and I'm sure that a quick google search will help me find something suitable now that i use that word anyway, making this thread a bit redundant :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sounds like Google Calendar is all you need.

Just took a look at Google Calendar there now. Yup, t'is exactly what I was looking for!

Cheers for the help, gents :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

is there a use in making one for all boards.ie peeps to add events coming up just as a reminder, like the redbull flug thingy this weekend,and theres a hot air balloon day as well soon, even local events like easter parades etc, i know id find it helpful anyway.

• Advertisement

Probably become very confusing, reading about all the great events that are happening on the other side of the country...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

maybe, but the hot air balloon thing is miles from me, id definitely travel for that. im sure many would if there was something of interest.
    i just find it a pain in the *ss searching all the threads/net for things that are happening. none of the other threads on here have been updated in ages.

Yeah I know what you mean.

What I've done is just made a google calendar, and skimmed through the events thread in this sub forum adding stuff.

Then I add stuff I read about on other forums or such (Dublin Zombie Walk, Dublin/Dundalk Gay Pride Parades, etc.) and a flick through the weekly local paper for upcoming events.

I've coloured the events with yellow, orange, red and blue.

Yellow: Slight interest, likely i wont attend unless it's handy.
    Orange: pretty interested, will attend if nothing clashes.
    Red: Very interested, will make a point to attend.
    Blue: Newspaper stuff, have to attend.

So far, my blank calendar made me feel a little upset with how little I have to do, so I scouted out a fair few things and added stuff to it (some of which I know I won't attend unless im feeling really outgoing and have literally nothing else to do, but it gives me the option of going).

It can be handy, and I don't have to read about other people's great events and wish I was there for them (though I do wish I had a better knowledge of Dublin at this stage!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Photography Ireland keeps a list of upcoming events on the bottom of the main page.
    Also, perhaps we could start a sticky where we can throw on potentially interesting photography occasions coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Also, perhaps we could start a sticky where we can throw on potentially interesting photography occasions coming up.

Already there - feel free to add to this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72168522#post72168522

• Advertisement
Advertisement