Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday night in Asbourne?

Options
  • 15-05-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,
    Staying in the Marriott ,Ashbourne on Saturday (for a 40th) would anyone have any recommendations on a good pub/music bar? I rang the hotel they don't have anything on and said Kelly's pub is popular ,is it a good place on Saturdays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Kelly's is the nicer of the pubs in Ashbourne. The Ashbourne House hotel is ok too but I've not been in there for a while.

Kelly's is generally busy of a Saturday. Has a beer garden too with lots of heaters and what not if anybody in the group smokes.

I'd avoid the Fox's Den and the Stag's Head.

I regularly drink in the Stag's but tbh it's a bit of a kip. Likewise for the Fox's Den.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ainm usaideoir

Thanks "that" Kelly's it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dwaincasey

The kettle country hotel have a good one man act on. He performs Irish and country music.
    It's a good show :)

(I might be a little bias though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ainm usaideoir

Cheers dwain !

Advertisement