Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Cinemas

Options
  • 15-05-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭

This definitely applies to the one in Limerick, not so sure about the others yet, but...

We know that food in the cinema is already a rip-off, but if you're like me you need to have popcorn when at a film. And i had come to terms paying €9.65 for a large popcorn combo (giant bag of popcorn and giant coke :) ). However, they now seem to think that they can change the sizes but not the prices. The old medium popcorn is now the large popcorn with no price change. This is completely scandelous. I was well thick the other night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

This is quite normal cinema pricing and applies worldwide - there's even a book written about it and it comes to the conclusion that its reasonable value.

BTW - the other option is to charge much higher prices for some films and lower prices for low budget films. It is a fine balance cinema operate and the book is quite s fascinating read from an economics perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

This definitely applies to the one in Limerick, not so sure about the others yet, but...

We know that food in the cinema is already a rip-off, but if you're like me you need to have popcorn when at a film. And i had come to terms paying €9.65 for a large popcorn combo (giant bag of popcorn and giant coke :) ). However, they now seem to think that they can change the sizes but not the prices. The old medium popcorn is now the large popcorn with no price change. This is completely scandelous. I was well thick the other night...

Bring your own popcorn and drink, its been like that for 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

I always lol when i see people buying snacks and drinks at a movie theatre.

You could pay up to €7 for a small drink and a pack of jellybabies or something like that but all you have to do is visit tescos and get the same things for around €2 :D

And i always have a little snigger when i buy my ticket and they ask me if i want anything else! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TentCrasher

Bottled coke all the way:D
    But you cant beat the popcorn or noisy nachos with salsa.

Advertisement