Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Novice/Newbee

Options
  • 15-05-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hello Brewers.

I have been toying with the idea of home brewing for a while now and have decided to try it out.
    It took a while because i still have horrid memories of my mothers home brew attempts when I was 16!!

Can anyone reccomend any websites ect.. for the absolute beginner. (im assuming making sloe gin doesnt count for anything!!)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There's a good beginners' guide to kit brewing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I can definitely recommend the Cooper's kit anyway, mine was gotten from My Beer and Wine in Rathmines but it's widely available elsewhere. Contains everything you need and the yeast seems quite tolerant of temperature changes.

Just follow the instructions, keep everything clean and post up here if you get stuck. The more experienced posters on here are very helpful.

Definitely give it a go, it's like a chemistry set for grown ups, but you get 40 bottles of beer at the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mrtickel

Here is a good site http://www.homebrewtalk.com/

Advertisement