Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continent: Italy, Adriatics

Options
  • 15-05-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

We spent a week camoing in Italy a few years ago, these are the three campsites we visited.
    First http://www.villageflaminio.com/
    Favorite site of the three, good restaurant and camp site ideally suited for Rome. A train station 10 mins walk away takes you straight into the city centre. Pool and shop, great in summer.
    Next http://www.santafortunata.eu/campeggio-sorrento.asp
    Just outside Sorrento, set in old olive tree terraces with a spectacular view of the Bay of Naples. Restaurant a bit basic in decor, canteen like, but food good, wood oven cooked pizzas, and cheap with good local wine.
    Regular bus into Sorrento, and a train from Sorrento takes you to the entrance to Pompei.
    Last was camping tiber, our final stop. Handy for the airport, and as always a pool and good restaurant.
    Excellent holiday, we hired a car at the airport to get us between campsites and store our belongings and once camped at each site used public transport to get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Howdy,
    Went on a mobile home holiday in Italy last year and it was fab. Looking to go again this year but am trying to find a site that has good facilities within walking distance. Have 3 small kids so we would have to rent a MPV and it makes the holiday too expensive if we go to a site that needs daily transport to shops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

thought I'd bump this on the off chance someone might have new recommendations to add, going to Italy in 2 weeks.

We're heading down from France the Emilia Romana way, via Bologna, towards the Adriatic, stopping at Ancona a bit, then inland to Perugia, then on through Tuscany and rejoining the Med coast at Pisa then up to France again (along the coast).

We tend to just stay one or two nights in campsites, we get itchy feet whenever we're in one spot too long.

We've gone off the all singing all dancing campsites a bit, but we do have kids so are looking at reasonably comfortable and playground equipped sites, or aires would do too if near playground.

I'd love suggestions for near Bologna in particular, the campsite there is extortionate and seems a bit too touristy for us, there's a big aire too, but that looks the complete opposite, just a glorified car park in an industrial zone.

Thanks for suggestions, I'll post here on our return to share our experiences.

I'll share one I remember from a previous tour there (that's 5 years ago and I've forgotten all the other names :( Since then I've started a special notebook where I write all the sites we visit with a quick comment.

Camping Baciccia in Ceriale was so pretty : very Italian family oriented (not predominantly foreign), swimming pool deserted during the day since Italians go to the beach, bar/food, free shuttles to the beach/city centre area, and a very nice one at that, with craft market along the promenade. Aquatic park nearby (probably shuttles to that too). Supermarket within walking distance, along a streets lined with industrial size glasshouses full of flowers, veg, and lemon trees in people's gardens. Great spot for kids, don't remember facilities so they must have been correct and clean. Note that the beach is, like most beaches down the Ligurian coast, of pebbles, and with a steep enough step in the water, so not ideal for kids (but we did have a 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old and it was ok).

http://www.campingbaciccia.it/

A great stop-over on the way back to France, or if you're in the South of France and want to experience Italy without going too far in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Are you talking about the Municipal site just on the outskirts with a bus service directly into the City?
    I can go find the details if your not talking about it.

This refers to Bologna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

thought I'd bump this on the off chance someone might have new recommendations to add, going to Italy in 2 weeks.

We're heading down from France the Emilia Romana way, via Bologna, towards the Adriatic, stopping at Ancona a bit, then inland to Perugia, then on through Tuscany and rejoining the Med coast at Pisa then up to France again (along the coast).

We tend to just stay one or two nights in campsites, we get itchy feet whenever we're in one spot too long.

comfortable and playground equipped sites, or aires would do too if near playground.

I'd love suggestions for near Bologna in particular, the campsite there is extortionate and seems a bit too touristy for us, there's a big aire too, but that looks the complete opposite, just a glorified car park in an industrial zone.

Thanks for suggestions, I'll post here on our return to share our experiences.

Look at www.hotelcamping.com

That's the one I was thinking of. Although prices don't seem as bad in your link, could be misrepresented in Acsi or review links.
    Still on the look out for something in the area, but not necessarily so close to Bologna, little towns and villages around would be good too.

Advertisement