Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New belts at SBG

• 15-05-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Huge congrats to the guys who earned new belts today at the Matt Thornton seminar. Also hard luck to the people who missed out, Matt has a very good standard for belts. It was a very tough grading!

Brown belt: Arek Sternalski

Purple belt: Paddy "the hooligan" Holohan and Kamil Rutkowski.

Blue belt: Richie Crosdale and Pawel.

Also well done to the people who earned stripes towards thier next belt:

Joey Breslin and Mario got four stripes on thier Blue.

Luke Corcoran got three stripes on his blue.

Hard luck to the Primal lads who missed out but got stripes on thier Whites, Ryan Curtis, Ray Smith and Gavin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Congrats lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bagels90

Huge congrats to the guys who earned new belts today at the Matt Thornton seminar. Also hard luck to the people who missed out, Matt has a very good standard for belts. It was a very tough grading!

Brown belt: Arek Sternalski

Purple belt: Paddy "the hooigan" Holohan

Blue belt: Richie Crosdale, and one other who's name escapes me at the moment.

Also well done to the people who earned stripes towards thier next belt:

Joey Breslin and Mario got four stripes on thier Blue, as did Kamil Rutkowski I think.

Luke Corcoran got three stripes on his blue.

Hard luck to the Primal lads who missed out but got stripes on thier Whites, Ryan Curtis, Ray Smith and Gavin.
    known richie for years and knew how much he wanted this well done lad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

Bagels90 wrote: »
    known richie for years and knew how much he wanted this well done lad :D

ah cheers bazza. couldnt of done it without my personal strentgh and conditioning coach bazza bagels. love you man xxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

congrats to Kamil on the purple belt and pascal the rascal (pawel) on his blue ;)

well done to arek, first brown i've awarded that i've coached exclusively since white belt...the circle is almost complete...i'm confident the process has been honored.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

well done to arek, first brown i've awarded that i've coached exclusively since white belt...the circle is almost complete...i'm confident the process has been honored.

How long did that take? And what was the frequency of the training like?!

That's awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Well done to Arek, well deserved. Great instructor as well! Will be back down to him after these exams!

Hanley wrote: »
    How long did that take? And what was the frequency of the training like?!

That's awesome :)

he's been training for about 4-5yrs. he trains pretty much every day, sometimes twice a day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

he's been training for about 4-5yrs. he trains pretty much every day, sometimes twice a day.

Wow. That's pretty crazy. Congrats to the both of ya :)

Hanley wrote: »
    Wow. That's pretty crazy. Congrats to the both of ya :)

yeah i seem to attract obsessive personalities, cant imagine why...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

This is so like SBG to come on the internet talking about their successes and for people to congratulate them. I heard Arek's test was that he had to demonstrate how to correctly tie his belt and his opponents for sparring were all hand picked hobos who were fighting for a sandwich.

Well done everyone. Arek is an animal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

That sandwich had chili mayo and an assortment of meat and cheeses in it, so they were some rabid hobo mofos!

Congrats to all the lads on their well deserved promotions/stripes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Congratulations to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

This is so like SBG to come on the internet talking about their successes and for people to congratulate them..

Aimed at me i take it

These belts are hard earned so no moaning here

Well done to all who graded.

Advertisement