Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADCC 2011.

• 15-05-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Might as well get a topic set up for it.

Flights with Ryanair to the east midlands airport if you book now. Head out on the 23rd and back on the 25th late flight are 59€ all in. 37€ if you wait for the 6am on the 26th.

Anyone planning on heading over ? I know I'm deeply considering it at this stage. Tickets go on sale next week

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Yeah I'm definatly going to head over for it! Those flights sound cheap alright, dont know whether I would fly Ryanair but I'll think about it. I checked Hostel prices in Nottingham and there's some nice cheap ones near the arena.

Tickets for both days start at £40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I checked east midlands airport also and they didn't have a flight. Yet to check easyjet and or aerlingus.

Highest tickets are 75£ too by the way.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I checked east midlands airport also and they didn't have a flight. Yet to check easyjet and or aerlingus.

Highest tickets are 75£ too by the way.

BMI baby only do flights out of east Midlands to Dublin. Aerlingus fly to Heathrow which isnt too far away, a fairly short train journey for around 90 euro return.

Do you know what the £75 tickets entail?

BMI baby only do flights out of east Midlands to Dublin. Aerlingus fly to Heathrow which isnt too far away, a fairly short train journey for around 90 euro return.

Do you know what the £75 tickets entail?

I was told the 75 is front three rows and you get to meet a lot of fighters who :" Aren't as ignorant as mma fighters and will chill and watch the fights ". ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

Booked ryanair Dublin to east midlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Going to be delish, hopefully can get a competition in over there too.

Not sure what to make of the Royler and Eddie Bravo rematch, lose lose for both of them i reckon.

Braulio's in is Nottingham isnt it? Anyone planning on visiting and getting some training in there/

I'd love to train over there anyway even if it was only one session.

victor estimas gym is in mansfield, near nottingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

it'll be nice to see an SBG player getting the gold ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Chris89 wrote: »
    Going to be delish, hopefully can get a competition in over there too.

Not sure what to make of the Royler and Eddie Bravo rematch, lose lose for both of them i reckon.
    While I'm sure Royler wants to feed Bravo the first chapter of his book while they're fighting I can't see this being very exciting. My prediction would be a submission win for Royler after 4 minutes of dullstock.

I still want to go though to see the rest of the weekend. Not too pricey either.

tickets are for sale
    £40
    £50 better view
    £75 ringside

flights accom and ticket can be done for €200, happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'd nearly get on this ASAP. Get my ticket at the end of the month and then worry about flights etc later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rickson1

Where can the tickets be purchased? Sorry if it's obvious but I was looking and can't find them!

you need to phone them and give a credit card. 2500 tickets out of 7500 have been sold already during pre-sale. which is about 2400 more than last time. with braulio in the superfight, Roger in the divisions before the other big names and now daniel strauss qualifying there is going to be MASSIVE UK interest. it will surely be a sell out.

http://masarufightco.com/contact-us/

Any more people booked to go? Im going to book my flights soon but Im just trying to sort stuff out. Have to buy the tickets too!

So who is going now?

Any more people booked to go? Im going to book my flights soon but Im just trying to sort stuff out. Have to buy the tickets too!

So who is going now?

There are 2 of us from pb cork with everything booked, might be a few more closer the time

I want to go but I won't really know if I can or not until results are out.

Up for training with a few of you Karl like you said anyway at a Gym over there!

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I want to go but I won't really know if I can or not until results are out.

Up for training with a few of you Karl like you said anyway at a Gym over there!

Cool, only a month away, its nervous time now ha. Yeah hitting the mats would be good. It looks like I'll be flying on my own and meeting up with people over there so far, although I might be able to work something out. I'm defo going either way, can't miss this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

Anyody booked a hotel for this yet?

• Advertisement

DB888 wrote: »
    Anyody booked a hotel for this yet?

I booked the Jurys Inn a good while ago, its the competitors Hotel apparently, but its full now.

BTW if anyone wants to buy the live stream, it's still $20 today but it's going up to $30 after today according to Budo Jake's facebook.

is there many travelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 toaldingham

There's ten of us from GBNI heading over.

Anyone got any predictions?

Im going with the safe bet of Rafa V Cobrinha again with Mendes wining again, and 3rd place will be very interesting with Moura, Frazzato, Yahya, Hall, Glover, Rader etc.

76 is so stacked I really don't know, although I do think Marcelo will win, it could be against Kron, Calasans, Leo Viera, Tanquinho, Gunni (Come on Gunni!).

Under 88 I think will be Popovich, Galvao, Lovato jr and Romulo (If he doesnt get injured again) in the semis, with Moraes and Toqiunho doing well too.

Under 99...Come on Roger Vs Rodolfo in the final, with Roger winning in epic fashion. But Xande, Assis or Drysdale will be good bets for a medal too.

Then I hope Cyborg takes the +99, with Werdum and Vinny too medal aswell, with Bruno Bastos, Lagarto and Vella impressing too.

Braulio to beat Jacaré, and Renzo to beat Sperry.

Roger, Rodolfo, Marcelo and Rafa Mendes in the semis of the absolute hopefully, with Roger winning it.

Kyra or Nicolini in the under 60kg womens, and Gabi Garcia to take the heavier one.

Can't wait!

Is Roger still doing it after he ate that big punch at the weekend?

Marcello has his division sewn up for definite.

Is Roger still doing it after he ate that big punch at the weekend?

Marcello has his division sewn up for definite.

Hopefully, no official pull out as of yet, but i dunno how likely it is he'll compete.

Im going with the safe bet of Rafa V Cobrinha again with Mendes wining again, and 3rd place will be very interesting with Moura, Frazzato, Yahya, Hall, Glover, Rader etc.

76 is so stacked I really don't know, although I do think Marcelo will win, it could be against Kron, Calasans, Leo Viera, Tanquinho, Gunni (Come on Gunni!).

Under 88 I think will be Popovich, Galvao, Lovato jr and Romulo (If he doesnt get injured again) in the semis, with Moraes and Toqiunho doing well too.

Under 99...Come on Roger Vs Rodolfo in the final, with Roger winning in epic fashion. But Xande, Assis or Drysdale will be good bets for a medal too.

Then I hope Cyborg takes the +99, with Werdum and Vinny too medal aswell, with Bruno Bastos, Lagarto and Vella impressing too.

Roger, Rodolfo, Marcelo and Rafa Mendes in the semis of the absolute hopefully, with Roger winning it.

Kyra or Nicolini in the under 60kg womens, and Gabi Garcia to take the heavier one.

Can't wait!

Not sure about Rumolo, heard somewhere that he doesnt really train NOGI,

Its going to be great to see the likes of Marcelo, Popovich, Galvao, but im kinda more excited about the younger newer guys like Alexander Trans - (won every comp at brown belt in the last 12 months) and, Gunni, Vagner Rocha etc

the length of the fights could make a big difference and might favour youth

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

r_obric wrote: »

Can't wait!

Not sure about Rumolo, heard somewhere that he doesnt really train NOGI,

Its going to be great to see the likes of Marcelo, Popovich, Galvao, but im kinda more excited about the younger newer guys like Alexander Trans - (won every comp at brown belt in the last 12 months) and, Gunni, Vagner Rocha etc

the length of the fights could make a big difference and might favour youth

Did Gunni not move up a bracket?

Yeah he did, he's mad! According to his father on Sherdog, he's 79kg and could get down, but he doesn't want to because of the strict weigh-ins each day, meaning he would have to maintain the cut for the whole weekend. And according to John K, he's just mad and he thinks it'd be more fun with the bigger guys, and that you're not going to tell Gunni otherwise! Ha. It'll be very interesting though considering Gunni's great showing in the '09 absolute, and IMO the under 88 category is a bit less stacked. Come on Gunner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Spoke about this at training last night so here's my predictions:

Superfights:
    Jacare v Braulio: Braulio all day long
    Renzo v Sperry:

-65.9kg:
    The contenders: Rafa Mendes, Bruno Frazzato, Cobrihna, Yahya
    I predict Frazzato vs Mendes in the final with Mendes taking it on advantage

-76.9kg:
    The contenders: Marcelo, Leo Viera, Tanquinho, Casalans, Kron Gracie, JT Torres
    Prediction: I'd be delighted with a Marcelo win, but i think Casalnas takes this

-87.9:
    The contenders: Galvao, Poppovitch, Lovatto, Romulo
    Prediction: I think Poppovitch sqeaks it over Galvao.
    Watch out for Zbigniew 'Ziggy' Tyszka

-98.9:
    The contenders: I dont expect Roger Gracie to compete. Rodolfo, Drysdale, Xande and Joao Assis.
    Prediction: It's hard not to say Xande, but i have to pick Robert Drysdale :D

+99:
    The contenders: Werdum, Largato, Gabriel Vella, Bastos, Vinny Magalhaes and Cyborg
    Prediction: Would love to see someone like Cyborg win, but i think it'll be Werdum or Magalhaes

Absolute: Depends on injuries and entrants. I'd love to see Galvao get it, but i think Xande!

Drysdale is out :(

I really hope Roger won't drop out too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

He's out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Clive wrote: »
    He's out
    Heard another name might drop out soon. Hopefully not from the same division.

Drysdale is out :(

I really hope Roger won't drop out too!

Where did you see that about Robert?

I think Roger is out too.

I think Xande will beat Rodolfo

Im surprised roger is out, and it doesnt appear to be from injury, after being injured the last time and with surely having big support at the comp its a pity he wont be in it.

• Advertisement

Killme00 wrote: »
    Where did you see that about Robert?

I think Roger is out too.

I think Xande will beat Rodolfo

On the ADCC Facebook.

Yeah I see Roger is out now :( I'm crushed! ha. If anyone read the Tatame interview with him, he says that it's because he wants to compete at 100%, and in the past he hasn't felt in top shape competing in BJJ after MMA etc. He says that he wants to focus on MMA now , with just the Mundials once a year.

Yeah I really hope Xande beats Rodolfo, he might if he is on top form. Joao Assis is also in the division who, very closely, beat Xande at their Grapplers Quest superfight, so that would be a good rematch.

Atleast Jacaré said that he will compete against Braulio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Victor Estima in at -77kg for Gregor Gracie too.

Been trawling through a great blog post on the event here;

http://graciemagadcc.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/train-hard-fight-easy/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Clark Gracie is in now too, that'll be good! If Gunni didn't move up, we might have seen a rematch between them of their Brown belt Gi match which Gunni won. Clark did great at this years Mundials, it'll be good to see him now Nogi.

• Advertisement

Savage day at the adcc,

Semis and finals are tomo
    -65kg
    Rafa v robson
    Cobrinha v glover

Has to be a cobrinha v mendes final, and cobrinha wins on coolness.

-77kg
    Marcelo v kron
    Calasanes v Leozenhio

Marcelo looked unbeatable today, he beat victor in seconds, kron will give him a challenge and Leo v might have the experience to get silver

-88kg

Galvao v popovitch
    Phalhares v lavato

Popovitch didn't impress today, galvao looked good but palhares looked like the man to beat, if the winner of galvao v popovitch can avoid heel hooks they might have a chance, but you cant rule out lovato.

-99kg
    Xande v assis
    Rudolfo v lister

The heart says lister but the head says rodolfo, xande and assis looked on top form in their quarters with xande putting lagarto to sleep, impossible to separate them

The semis are to tough to call, not to mind the final, not to best division on paper at the start but now it's probably the most exciting

+99kg

Werdum v cyborg
    Vinny magalhes v rinaldi

The first semi will decide the winner, Vinny should win the other semi and face Werdum in the decider with the favourite being werdum

Xande taking out Lagarto was the highlight for me, some great fights lined up for the morning.

Xande taking out Lagarto was the highlight for me, some great fights lined up for the morning.

And we don't even know who's in the absolute!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Advertisement