Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkin Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ah sh!te lads, I'm disappointed and annoyed to hear that. I was so looking forward to it too! :mad:

If you were looking forward to it, then you should give it a listen anyway. Maybe you will think it crap after that, but maybe you will hear something you like.

Always give something you were looking forward to a listen regardless of what you hear about it beforehand.

Even go onto itunes and listen to the 90 second clip of each song to get a feel for what the album sounds like.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

agree with most posters, enjoyed both Hybrid Theory and Meteora and they still get an odd blast on long journeys in the car ... havent got into any of the newer stuff since though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

New album's a bit mad and all over the place, bit of rave, bit of metal, bit of crips n bloods style hip hop.. but not mixed together properly. Some truely terrible lyrics too...

If you want something that's truly excellent, check out Mike Shinoda's soundtrack for The Raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

New album's a bit mad and all over the place, but of rave, bot of metal, bit of crips n bloods style hip hop.. but not mixed together properly. Some truely terrible lyrics too...

If you want something that's truly excellent, check out Mike Shinoda's soundtrack for The Raid.

Joseph Trapanese wrote and composed as much of the American and European version of the soundtrack as Shinoda did. There is a different soundtrack for the Asian market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I wouldn't be a LP fan so maybe I shouldn't be commenting but I did really enjoy Minutes to Midnight but the last one and this one don't do anything for me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

I wouldn't be a LP fan so maybe I shouldn't be commenting but I did really enjoy Minutes to Midnight but the last one and this one don't do anything for me at all.

Enjoyed that too, but that new Living Things album. What a disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

After a bit of listening over the last couple of days I have to hold my hand up and say that if I ignore the fact that it's supposed to be a Linkin Park album and ignore Shinoda's rapping then there are some surprisingly catchy songs present. It's not going to win album of the year by any stretch of the imagination but it's an improvement on the disappointment I felt on listening to their last three albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweded

I am great great Fan of LP.... I hear their songs everyday... regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Hmm not sure whether to buy to album now. Most on the iTunes reviews seem to be saying they have gone back to their roots but not sure now. I didn't like A Thousand Suns but did enjoy the album before that which I can't think of the name of.

On the Offspring album: its disappointing alright. I enjoyed the first few songs on it especially The Future is Now so was really looking forward to the rest of it but not a huge fan of Days go by and it goes down hill from there. Some songs are growers but not a patch on older stuff. Looks like I'll just have to stick to listening to the older stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I've given it a couple of listens and decided it's a good album - certainly a marked improvement on the last two. Guitars, rapping and screaming are back with a fair smattering of moody synths. I like all of those things separately and it would be hypocritical of me to dislike them in combination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

I like rashers, ice cream and boobies, but it would be freakish of me to like them in combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

viadah wrote: »
    I like rashers, ice cream and boobies, but it would be freakish of me to like them in combination.

Those things in combination sounds like the greatest evening a man could hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Messy, filling though, and reliant on a certain kind of lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BoomSha

I personally loved the new album, a definite improvement over A Thousand Suns. I agree that the lyrics are very weak, however.

Advertisement