Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tweeking Large Server To Run Smoother?

• 15-05-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Can anyone recommend something to make my server perform better? I have seen some posts about java tweaks and such but i have a feeling a lot of them are out dated.

I have a dedicated server with the following specs
    CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X4 605e @ 2.3 GHz
    RAM: 12 GB RAM (7 GB for Minecraft 3 GB for ram disk, Rest for the OS)
    Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2

Network Speed is 100 Mbit
    1297426185.png

Currently my server runs fine up to about 35 or 40 players. Over that i start get lag spikes. Not bad lag just annoying spikes that cause some blocks to reappear and i feel that the server should be able to handle more players. I was hoping for it to handle about 60 players. The server CPU usage usually sits around 40 to 50% with 30 ish players on although there are some spikes and sometimes one core is used more than the others. I was thinking of reinstalling the server with some distro of Linux instead of windows. I prefer to use windows because it is just more user friendly and i don’t mind giving up some ram for it. However it could possibly be degrading the server performance i would be willing to switch it for debian or Ubuntu. Also if it means anything i'm using McMyAdmin to run my server.

I do run a lot of plugins. About 35 but i have tried disabling a lot of them and i didn’t notice any real performance changes.

I have also had complaints about night/day cycle lasting too long and smelting items in furnace taking ages. i have herd this is to do with lag but i don’t no how to go about fixing it really.

So i would like to ask if anyone could give me any tips or info on getting it to run smoother or am i just asking too much out of this server for it to run with 60 players and no lag.

If anyone is intrested the server address is mc.madgaming.eu
    Website http://madgaming.eu

For reference here is the list of plugins that i have got installed.
    BigBrother, dynmap, Essentials, EssentialsSpawn, Factions, FalsbookBlock, FalseBookCart, FalseBookChat, FalseBookCore, FalseBookExtra, FalseBookIC, Help, HeroicDeath, iChat, iConomy, iConomyChestShop, jail, Lottery, LWC, MCMA_compat, Minequery, MyHome, NoCheat, Permissions, PluginDisabler, properTime, SignColours, SimpleReserve, TravelPortals, Vanish, WorldBorder, WorldEdit, WorldGuard

Many Thanks
    MadMan

Advertisement