Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Blackberry 9300 assistance!

Options
  • 15-05-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

My Uncle is giving me an unlocked UK Blackberry 9300 on Friday and I was just wondering what I would need to do with it to get it to fully operate here?
    It was on the three network but as I've said its unlocked and I'm with Vodafone. Do I have to go to Vodafone and get a new sim to get the BIS set up on the phone? Any help is appreciated I'm a total noob with this knida thing!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

markievicz wrote: »
    My Uncle is giving me an unlocked UK Blackberry 9300 on Friday and I was just wondering what I would need to do with it to get it to fully operate here?
    It was on the three network but as I've said its unlocked and I'm with Vodafone. Do I have to go to Vodafone and get a new sim to get the BIS set up on the phone? Any help is appreciated I'm a total noob with this knida thing!:D

If you're on pre pay ask vodafone to provision the device for BIS. It'll cost 99 cent per day. If you're on bill pay you can get an add-on for 15 euro (I think, or else it's 9.99). Or look at the simply plus plans with 500mbs BIS, 400 mins, 400 sms any network. No contract. 30 days sim only.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Thanks Cookie! Putting my mind at rest I thought I'd have to get loads of things put on to it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Once the device has been provisioned markievicz then you can go to here:
    http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.ie/
    and register the device. You can then add the email accounts you want.

Advertisement