Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Life the orange box???

• 15-05-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can get a copy of this in dublin? had a look in GStop and game and 3d games and HMV etc today, didnt see it anywhere. is it out of print now?

Never played it and wanna give it a go before i get portal 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Dunno about stores but you could pick it up cheaply online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Adverts.ie has a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Next to impossible to get in a bricks and mortar shop, Play . com had it for €12 a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Was looking for it in every shop I could think of on Friday, no dice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Who would want to trade it in? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Anyone know where i can get a copy of this in dublin? had a look in GStop and game and 3d games and HMV etc today, didnt see it anywhere. is it out of print now?

http://www.adverts.ie/games/the-orange-box-for-xbox-360/248685

Not sure if this is still available but it hasn't been marked as sold.Worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

If its just to play Portal 1 ya can download it on the Xbox live marketplace for about 1200 points. Great game only donwloaded it about a month ago and completed it several times! Highly addictive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

punk77 wrote: »

Not sure if this is still available but it hasn't been marked as sold.Worth a shot.

I'm guessing this one is gone as no replies from the seller for a few weeks.
    Thats one thing that bugs me about adverts, sellers dont close there for sale items when they sell it, stuff on there from 2 years ago with people still asking if for sale.
    If its just to play Portal 1 ya can download it on the Xbox live marketplace for about 1200 points. Great game only donwloaded it about a month ago and completed it several times! Highly addictive!

Yeah it is to play portal but I have never played Half Life either and I would rather have a boxed copy than a d/l copy.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I guess I will just keep an eye out for a copy.
    Also, cant buy a copy online as dont have a credit card, unless there is a website somewhere in ireland that has a copy and take Laser...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I'm guessing this one is gone as no replies from the seller for a few weeks.
    Thats one thing that bugs me about adverts, sellers dont close there for sale items when they sell it, stuff on there from 2 years ago with people still asking if for sale

Yeah,I agree with you there mate.A real pain in the a$$:mad:The seller was even on line today.You could try sending PM. Also you could post a Wanted ad on adverts.That might get you a copy. gamesnash.ie is an ok site and I think they accept laser but they don't have a copy available at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

I have the empty orange box case :mad:
    darn kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Bargain for five games in one! (Ok debatable that two of those five are just expansions for Half Life 2, but they're still epic in every sense of the word!).

Team Fortress 2 is a good laugh for an online multiplayer shooter. And Portal one is short but insane to play.

<chants> Get it, get it, get it!

Hey readyletsgo,just a heads up.the ad for orange box has been renewed.

Thanks man!!!!! tried again.

Thanks man!!!!! tried again.
    No prob. Best of luck with it mate :)

Nice one!!! Thanks to guyfawkes511 I just got my copy of The Orange Box!!!!

Great result :) If you enjoy it half as much as I do then you got a good deal.It's one of those that you'll want to hang on to.Can't understand how it took him 10 months to sell it though :confused:

Dont matter now haha, I gots it!!!

Prob not going to play it until i move, dont have a big telly just yet. but SWEET!!!!

Dont matter now haha, I gots it!!!

Prob not going to play it until i move, dont have a big telly just yet.

Why wait??? Go on,you know you want to :D

Lol cause I only have a 14" telly box at the moment, very hard to read text and get the whole feel of the game on something that small, so going to wait till then to start it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/default.aspx?quickSearch=Half-Life+2%3A+The+Orange+Box

Gamestop have been selling it for €12.97. Deal is over today though - I assume at midnight!

Hmm, ah well, guy sold it to me for a 10'r anyways so no harm done.

BUMP :)

Just got a chance to play this!

HL2, looks, brilliant! I'm a slow gamer, so going to get a lot out of this box!

Advertisement